cat purr / emotional abuse / alcoholism

Old 12-11-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

cat purr / emotional abuse / alcoholism

A woman thought her car had a lung problem. She hadn't heard a car purr before and was unfamiliar with this. Consulting a veterinarian, she learned about this.

I've learned something new about purring today, also:

Animals that produce purr-like sounds include mongoose, bears, badgers, foxes, hyaenas, rabbits, squirrels, guinea pigs, tapirs, ring-tailed lemurs, and gorillas while eating. Animals purr for a variety of reasons including to express happiness, or fear and as a defense mechanism.

Wikipedia
I'm neither better than her or lesser than. What we don't know, we have life experiences to learn from.

This is a beautiful reminder for me in gentleness for self.

Emotional abuse can be both overt and very, very subtle. The relationship that has ongoing emotional abuse can look good in some ways, yet can be many things that are often best suited out after some solid recovery and being in a stronger place of healthy personal intuition and knowing. That good could be love, fake love, abuse that's calling itself love or simply a part of the abuse cycle.

Alcoholism is a counter-intuitive disease. It affects the person who is drinking, family and friends, far beyond the drug of choice (alcohol). Remove the drug and treatment for the alcoholic, friends and family members is still needed in order to recover. What I don't know, I don't know. The more I learn, the more I realize how big, wonderful, connected, vibrant and delightful life can be. One step at a time. One day at a time.

An alcoholic isn't drinking at me or placing alcohol as more important in his/her life as a conscious choice.

Having gentleness for myself, stepping back with confidence, inner strength, appreciation and trusting the healing process is easy as I practice it and it becomes my default thought/feeling/learning way of living.

"Changed viewpoints can aid recovery."

Today, a woman who now knows what a cat purr is has helped me with kindness to myself and others. I keep learning each day, too, about many things.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Lol. Cat purr. Car purr. Typo above. Good things to recognize what is healthy, a warning sign, etc.

My Jeep "purred" differently yesterday. It was asking for attention in the way of easy vehicle maintenance.

One day at a time. As I get more comfortable with my current skill set, it's easier venturing into new territories -- emotionally, physically, etc.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

What we don't know, we have life experiences to learn from.

This is a beautiful reminder for me in gentleness for self.

I'm applying this to something I'm doing at work today. I've done it before with supervision. Right now I'm working by myself. Do what I can, move forward. Leave the stuff I'm unfamiliar with until later.

It's okay to explore new things, early learning stages and have confidence and fun with all of this.

I'm recovering all parts of my life after major trauma, emotionally and life-wise. I'm grateful for this space here at SR.

Namaste.

#confidence
#healthylifenutrients
#playfulness
Old 12-11-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have two cats. They both purr all the time, and it is lovely. My other one talks to us all the time as well, he is always meowing his way into our conversations. I love them.

The one day at a time is hard, but it really is the best way to live. I was just discussing that with someone else today.

I hope things keep "purring" along Mango!!!