Notices

Day 3 A very good day

Old 12-07-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Day 3 A very good day

So today is day 3 , woke up at 530 insomnia is diminishing got about 4 hrs of sleep which is better than none . Went to the store and stocked up on healthy food . Then went to my second love the gym worked out , I知 tired but feel good and almost back to normal. Far cry from being a slobbering drunk on the couch,, feel good to be part of society.Just though I壇 share . Hope everyone has a good day ❤️
Old 12-07-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

I get it, and exercise does help a lot. Keep on keeping on!! I've found eating apples and oranges all day helps too. I eat like 3 oranges a day and 2 apples along with a lot of veggies and meat like steak and shrimp high protein foods.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClarkGrizwold View Post
I get it, and exercise does help a lot. Keep on keeping on!! I've found eating apples and oranges all day helps too. I eat like 3 oranges a day and 2 apples along with a lot of veggies and meat like steak and shrimp high protein foods.
Yes healthy eating helps, though the first few days it was crap but thats what i craved coming down. Will continue to kill my body with kindness , instead of killing it with alcohol. Im optimistic , but also scared as hell as i have a very long road ahead. Does not help that your hubby decides to get fall down drunk in front of you . No support , i went up to my room and went on this site .
Old 12-07-2019, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 12-07-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi

Congrats! and I know the feeling about feeling good about being part of society.
So many days I just could not function because of alcohol. Could not even comprehend normalcy of life.
I get being scared but 24hours at a time is very doable. Post here. I got to the point where I am scared to be a drunken mess again as well.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have a good day/night, Mari.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're sounding really good for 3 days Maribell

D
Old 12-07-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very inspiring! Congratulations. I'm thinking of your "healthy food" comment as I eat McDonalds.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You're sounding really good for 3 days Maribell

D
I feel really good , I always seem to bounce back to normal quickly which is the scary part , I値l go along like this for two weeks , think oh I知 good I can have a drink , then all he値l brakes loose . Then the binge 😂 I can truly say enough is enough there is no normal drinking for me , ever . I知 pretty determined just need to shut that little voice inside my head that says it痴 ok .
Old 12-08-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
Very inspiring! Congratulations. I'm thinking of your "healthy food" comment as I eat McDonalds.
McDonalds nooooooo lol When I知 not drinking I always eat healthy , when I drink oh you do t want to know what I値l eat . Maybe implement some small changes to your diet slowly ? I feel really good when I eat well ,food for thought ( pardon the pun ) 😏
Old 12-08-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done 👍
Old 12-08-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maribell View Post

McDonalds nooooooo lol When I知 not drinking I always eat healthy , when I drink oh you do t want to know what I値l eat . Maybe implement some small changes to your diet slowly ? I feel really good when I eat well ,food for thought ( pardon the pun ) 😏
Same here. When not drinking (which has been a while) my nutrition was on point. When drinking? Fast food central and late night chocolate & peanut butter munchie fest.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i know right ? its crazy the damage it can do, all hell breaks lose. When im not drinking i work out 6 days a week , hike , etc. Nobody really knows my situation other than my immediate family, they would probally drop dead if they knew. But for me that is in the past , only moving forward now.