Update and a prayer/good juju request for a friend

Old 12-04-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update and a prayer/good juju request for a friend

Judge just denied AH's motion for protection (which would seal the documents) Step one - check. Thats good news. On another note I have an ask for some prayers. A dear friend of mine has a daughter now 20, who was physically abused/assaulted at 17 by a boyfriend. After much court activity she will be going this month to give her victim impact statement. Please pray for this amazing young woman. I can only hope that the words come to her in the moment and that nothing is left unsaid so she can have closure. She will have amazing support with her that day, just asking you guys support her from wherever you are. Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear things are moving along Dawn. Also sending good juju to your young friend. That sounds horrific.

What do you have going on in your life that is just yours and positive?
Old 12-04-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Praying for strength
Old 12-04-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers of strength sent for your young friend..
Old 12-05-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending a prayer...
Old 12-05-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Good to hear things are moving along Dawn. Also sending good juju to your young friend. That sounds horrific.

What do you have going on in your life that is just yours and positive?
Well if I can brag for a minute --- I took in for a friend a 17 hand hanoverian (big horse). I have been rehabbing his poor hooves for months, his back feet are finally perfect and his front feet are coming along nicely, he is not lame, he is learning to be a "real horse" meaning he is getting exposed to all sorts of scary things and learning to trust. He spent 2 weekends ago with a group of youth from the juvenile justice system. That is all possible because of my work getting him back into health and working on trust. Everyone thought this guy was dangerous. I never thought he was dangerous, he was just in pain and insecure. So proud of this boy and me for trusting my gut over others opinions.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is absolutely wonderful!!! What a blessing to everyone involved! Well done friend!
Old 12-05-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a long connection with a so-called "dangerous" horse where I used to train horses. This guy kept getting returned by buyers but he was just super-smart and had to bond with his humans. I loved him and was so happy when he finally found a forever home with a young guy who just took up riding to keep company with his kids.

Peter Paul (the horse) instantly took to the young man and I knew he wouldn't be returned again.
In fact, he ended up having a nice run on the show circuit / eventing with that man as time went on.

I love a happy outcome
Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ah I love these horse stories even though I'm not much of a horse person myself.

Dawn and Hawk, your stories seem like they had multiple levels of good.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I love Hanoverians! Such elegant animals

Completely OT, I know, lol!
Old 12-07-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
I love Hanoverians! Such elegant animals

Completely OT, I know, lol!
Coffee almost came out my nose when I read this. This guy is a lovable derp - but yes he has a light lofty canter
Old 12-07-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's OK....I'm a bit of a 'derp', too!
Old 12-19-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

UPDATE - victim impact statement

Thanks for all your prayers. Today was the day. We had three rows of support for my friends daughter. We prayed before walking in, waited patiently and then this amazing 20 year old gave the most amazing statement. I have never witnessed such strength in anyone of any age. She must have made eye contact 50 plus times with her offender and in those moments she took her life back. The 3 rows of supporters myself included, quietly sobbed as she spoke, and when she was finished, she stood up and walked out of the courtroom and we all went with her. In the hallway she was held by her parents as she sobbed and the rest of us just embracing all of them. We stepped outside and she said "I can finally breathe". My life was changed today as Im sure everyone else's was today. I sat in the front row holding my daughters hand and for as difficult as it was to listen to, I know my daughter has been blessed by having been there. I may not know how this helps her for a while but I know it will. Anyway just wanted to say thank you for all the prayers, a deep healing began today, and whatever God, power, juju you believe in showed up for this girl when she needed it. Wishing everyone any healing they may need tonight.