Notices

Out with the old in with the new

Old 12-01-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out with the old in with the new

I am just grateful I did not wake up -sweaty/bloated/sick to my stomach/weak. I needed to type this out this morning. To read what I had been doing to myself. Waking up crying *what is wrong with me*
I think I can do this today *stay sober* one more day.
Today is what matters staying sober today.
I hope everyone has a great day today. Soul searching, nurturing do one nice thing for yourself
x
Old 12-01-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

There was a quote on a thread awhile ago that I remember and repeat to myself in the morning...

"No one wakes up and says, I'm so glad I drank last night!"

Just stay sober one day at a time!
Old 12-01-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey one day at a time works for me. 211 of one days
Old 12-01-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post! When I was first trying to get sober I realized that self care was so important in order for me to be successful.
We spend so much time feeling shame and disgust with ourselves but this is so counter productive to what our broken bodies and minds need to heal.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WOW struggling now- Just want to head out get out of the house
Go to a bar, have a drink and escape. Lively enviornment I need an outlet, bored and lonely
I get cravings for a noon pub crawl - crazy. I woke up with such resolve -now I am weak
Old 12-01-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

cravings can come and go like waves, they get smaller and easier to deal with as time goes on. I found the more cravings I made it through the easier they were to deal with when they happened.

There's a thread on "urge surfing" somewhere around here that was helpful for me in learning to deal with them.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
cravings can come and go like waves, they get smaller and easier to deal with as time goes on. I found the more cravings I made it through the easier they were to deal with when they happened.

There's a thread on "urge surfing" somewhere around here that was helpful for me in learning to deal with them.
Thank you! Reading recovery now. I will eat something and read up on Alcoholism. Really need to ride these urges out. I have a meeting at 330P . I do need a walk too. Thanks
Old 12-01-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
I am just grateful I did not wake up -sweaty/bloated/sick to my stomach/weak. I needed to type this out this morning. To read what I had been doing to myself. Waking up crying *what is wrong with me*
I think I can do this today *stay sober* one more day.
Today is what matters staying sober today.
I hope everyone has a great day today. Soul searching, nurturing do one nice thing for yourself
x
2 Corinthians 5: 17 if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new (Replaced). When circumstances in life leave you feeling emotionally overwhelmed, helpless, trapped, powerless and out of control, transform your thinking, surrender control to Christ and he will send you a Helper that will empower you to regain control with new values and you will be a new person.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CRRHCC View Post
2 Corinthians 5: 17 if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new (Replaced). When circumstances in life leave you feeling emotionally overwhelmed, helpless, trapped, powerless and out of control, transform your thinking, surrender control to Christ and he will send you a Helper that will empower you to regain control with new values and you will be a new person.
Thank you very much. This is very empowering. I did go for a 3 mile walk and drinking hot tea. Thank you so much. I want to keep moving forward.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi faith, I just messaged you before I read this. We all believe in you! Please make it through another day. Have tea take a nap and go to your meeting. We are all here to support you!
Old 12-01-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lisalily View Post
Hi faith, I just messaged you before I read this. We all believe in you! Please make it through another day. Have tea take a nap and go to your meeting. We are all here to support you!
Thank you ! I was just thinking about you. How are you doing?
There must be a delayed in the message I did not receive it yet.

I went for a long walk and I am tired now! i have a headache for a couple of days. not sure why. I wonder if its alcohol related. Tension headache?
I hope you are doing well. Keep posting you inspire me.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
WOW struggling now- Just want to head out get out of the house
Go to a bar, have a drink and escape. Lively enviornment I need an outlet, bored and lonely
I get cravings for a noon pub crawl - crazy. I woke up with such resolve -now I am weak
Well done! You're not weak in the least because you crave alcohol.

It's what you do when you are craving or struggling that flips the script. In the past, you may have reached for the substance. Now you are reasoning it out. After doing that my mind finally let go of the cravings because is all it was going to get was me posting about the situation.