Notices

feel like luggage

Old 11-29-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feel like luggage

Today is day 34
This whole week I have been lounging around. Getting in a meeting a day. But I have no where to go and not much to do.
I am going to make a healthy grocery list for tomorrow.
This should get me out of this house.
I want to plan on exercising walking now everyday. I have applied for numerous jobs online and have not heard back from any lately.
This is depressing me as well. I just feel like I am going to be holed up here forever. I do have a meeting tonight.
Sorry for the down post. I get like this when I am sober. I have to remember when I was drinking. I was lounging around doing nothing but hurting myself. destructing myself. Now I am sober that is a start.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job on Day 34, and I know that things will look brighter soon. This is the time when taking action in your lifestyle will pay off. Looking for a job, exercising, cooking - all good things to help you along in your recovery.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

is there anything productive you can do while at home? tidying, sorting, decluttering, re-arranging? marie kondo and her methods can be quite a fun project to undertake!!!

job hunting is tough. especially during the holidays - so don't get discouraged. consistency will prevail. and soon enough you'll HAVE a job and then you'll be getting up at 5 or 6am and forced to really get out there! for 8 hours! in a row! LOL so having this time right now to retreat a bit and keep hitting meetings is not a BAD thing.

i'm off work for four days, well into day two, and just put on fresh clean soft jammies out of the dryer - replacing the jammie pants i HAD on...........all day. you'd have a hard time talking me into REAL pants today!!!
Old 11-29-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both! Just what I needed to hear.

I am hungry all the time for some reason. I hope to make a list of some
accomplishments I can work on during this free period.

Thank you again for your encouraging responses. It will all be worth it if I can get quality sobriety and change the person I was when I depended on a drink to escape
Old 11-29-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey faith,

When I had too much time on my hands, I found making a schedule for myself to be tremendously helpful. There was something on there for every hour of the day, some of it fun some of it necessary.

It was something like:
eat breakfast
take meds
pay bills
do a crossword puzzle
read/post on SR
eat lunch
sweep and wash the kitchen floor
read
AA
eat dinner
take meds
watch Netflix
bed

I wrote the next day's schedule every evening and took pleasure in erasing tasks from my dry-erase board as I went along. If I cleaned a bathroom instead of washing the kitchen floor, that was just fine. The schedule just helped me to keep moving, stay out of my bedroom, and keep the tv off until close to bedtime.

You're doing great making it to 34 days. This not drinking stuff is pretty hard to begin with and I think it's natural to feel some blahs from time to time. I'd say don't stress over it too much and avoid lofty goals. There's plenty of time for those later.

O
Old 11-29-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hey faith,

When I had too much time on my hands, I found making a schedule for myself to be tremendously helpful. There was something on there for every hour of the day, some of it fun some of it necessary.

It was something like:
eat breakfast
take meds
pay bills
do a crossword puzzle
read/post on SR
eat lunch
sweep and wash the kitchen floor
read
AA
eat dinner
take meds
watch Netflix
bed

I wrote the next day's schedule every evening and took pleasure in erasing tasks from my dry-erase board as I went along. If I cleaned a bathroom instead of washing the kitchen floor, that was just fine. The schedule just helped me to keep moving, stay out of my bedroom, and keep the tv off until close to bedtime.

You're doing great making it to 34 days. This not drinking stuff is pretty hard to begin with and I think it's natural to feel some blahs from time to time. I'd say don't stress over it too much and avoid lofty goals. There's plenty of time for those later.

O
Thank you-this is a great idea.
I need to write out the list
and stick to it. Cross it off

list for tomorrow

post SR/coffee
eat healthy breakfast
make healthy grocery list
shower look nice
go to 1pm meeting
eat healthy lunch
go to grocery store
go for walk
prep some healthy meals
post sr
sleepytime t- read/or watch youtube bed

Old 11-29-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

great post, Obladi. reminded me of my own personal rule when writing a To Do list - always start with #1 - Write a To Do list. that way you assured if knocking at least ONE item off your list right away! and that helps set the tone!!!

also, and sorry to go back to tidying, but Fly Lady suggests doing things in 15 minute increments. just 15 minutes.....of whatever. in three hours of just one 15 period per hour, you would have 45 minutes of activity. that could be so many positive actions. if you took each item on O's list - 13 if i counted correctly - multiply by 15 minutes = 195 minutes or 3.25 hours.

we need to recognize each simple sober act we achieve. acknowledge it, no matter how seemingly inconsequential. because nothing is inconsequential. it all matters.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

‘ to go back to tidying, but Fly Lady suggests doing things in 15 minute increments. just 15 minutes.....of whatever. in three hours of just one 15 period per hour, you would have 45 minutes of activity. that could be so many positive actions. if you took each item on O's list - 13 if i counted correctly - multiply by 15 minutes = 195 minutes or 3.25 hours.’ I love this thinking.