One week down

Old 11-19-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week down

And many more to go. I haven’t communicated with recovering XAGF in a week now. Slowly, I am finding my peaceful center.

I brought my brother’s drum set down to the living room and have been pounding the heck out of it to release some energy. I’ve never played the drums, but I’ve been picking it up smoothly so far. When I need calm, I meditate for 30 minutes or so. I’ve been doing this for a little over a month. Recently, I’ve gotten good at clearing my mind and focusing on my breathing. Sometimes, I can single out each fingertip as I count my breaths and really feel what it is touching.

Life is much more joyful doing things that I enjoy. Thank you everyone!
Old 11-20-2019, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Fossil.

How is the sobriety going and was your XAGF understanding when you asked to end contact?
Old 11-20-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drums! That sounds like an excellent way to get the stress out.

Good for you, it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Keep taking good care of YOU!
Old 11-20-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel this. I might crack out my old violin and have a go (not touched it in years).

Look after yourself!
Old 11-20-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Good for you Fossil.

How is the sobriety going and was your XAGF understanding when you asked to end contact?
Sobriety is going well. Going to meetings and reading the big book.

I don’t know how XAGF took it. When I suspended my Facebook, she thought I’d blocked her and made a few choice comments which I ignored. Her family, which I’d been friends with for years before we dated, hasn’t heard from her.

Between 3 dogs, slowly furnishing my house, drums, and meditating, I’ve been keeping busy. Every day, thoughts of her become more infrequent. Working on my codependency and becoming a better me feels good.