Notices

4 months now

Old 11-17-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 months now

So I recently just hit 4 months straight of being sober. Sure its great to be sober and clear headed these last 4 months. It sure hasn't been an easy ride. Been having a hard time finding work. In my field it should be pretty easy. Issue has been the background check. My record has never affected me before and to top it off I have no felonies so it makes me scratch my head even more. My last job offer came and the background came up. I explained everything and they were actually ok with it. I had a court date come up where the case was supposed to be dismissed since I completed everything asked of me. The issue here was a clerical error where the clerk didn't have the updated paperwork showing a completed payment on a balance I owed even though it was paid in full. The place where I made the payment to is supposed to send that proof of payment to the courthouse. Come to find out they didn't....what does that mean? Case gets extended another month....the job I explained that the case was going to be dropped which it was supposed to doesn't get dropped....which then means "from a business standpoint we are going to go in another direction". I go to the place where I requested that I need a copy of what needs to be sent to court again. They gave me a copy so I can send to my lawyer as well. Come to find out when I called requesting they send it to the court AGAIN prior to me showing up till the day after they still haven't done it. Boggles my mind. Great job opportunity down the toilet. Back on the search again.

Just really been a long frustrating past 4 months.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for the frustration but congrats on 4 months

D
Old 11-17-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Could mean that gig wasnt meant to be my friend. No worries. You didnt resort to the sauce. Thats great. Another door will open for you. Congrats on four months. ✌