Notices

Fragile

Old 11-15-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fragile

AV in high gear. Romanticizing a drink. Just had a phone call with
a recruiter for a full time position in my field. I have lots of experience. I feel like I suck on phone interviews. I am so fragile/insecure/ it is very difficult for me to sell myself. My resume is outdated since I lost the last few jobs. I feel damaged
I will not add them on to my resume.
anyhow I am going to my meeting at 1pm I hope to feel better.
sorry I am all over the place.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing good will come out of drinking. This is just one of many opportunities that are knocking right now because you are sober- look at it as a learning experience and use this time to get organized- it doesn’t have to be perfect, and if the interview sucks, so be it- the next one is right around the corner, but if you drink now you risk losing 20+ days and you will have to start over and may not be in a good place to interview, period. On a positive note, believe in yourself- I learned a trick a while back that I use and teach my mentees- right before the interview, go into bathroom put your hands on your hips and deep breathe in/out in controlled breaths for 60seconds saying, I am a leader, I can do this, I have the power to succeed. Then come out and nail the interview, presentation, etc. You’re interviewing for whether it’s a fit for you, just as much as whether they think you are fit for them.

Believe in yourself, and who knows, it may go perfectly well and you’ll be posting about your new job soon- good luck!!
Old 11-15-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that positive affirmations help a lot. You can google Louise Hay for some awesome affirmations.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're feeling a little better Faith.
Drinking again would only make you feel worse.

Best wishes with the job - fingers crossed

D
Old 11-16-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mistyscorpio View Post
Nothing good will come out of drinking. This is just one of many opportunities that are knocking right now because you are sober- look at it as a learning experience and use this time to get organized- it doesn’t have to be perfect, and if the interview sucks, so be it- the next one is right around the corner, but if you drink now you risk losing 20+ days and you will have to start over and may not be in a good place to interview, period. On a positive note, believe in yourself- I learned a trick a while back that I use and teach my mentees- right before the interview, go into bathroom put your hands on your hips and deep breathe in/out in controlled breaths for 60seconds saying, I am a leader, I can do this, I have the power to succeed. Then come out and nail the interview, presentation, etc. You’re interviewing for whether it’s a fit for you, just as much as whether they think you are fit for them.

Believe in yourself, and who knows, it may go perfectly well and you’ll be posting about your new job soon- good luck!!
Thank you Misty- I read this yesterday and felt instantly better.
I really just do not know what I want to do at the moment.
I think I will just keep going to meetings and work on my recovery.
I hope to stay close posting with you- I could use the positive reinforcement. Thank you again. Hope you are doing well today.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I agree that positive affirmations help a lot. You can google Louise Hay for some awesome affirmations.
Anna- Thank you for the information- I will google Louise Hay
I find affirmations most helpful for me.

Thank you
Old 11-16-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope you're feeling a little better Faith.
Drinking again would only make you feel worse.

Best wishes with the job - fingers crossed

D
Thank you Dee
Sober today and said my prayers. You are correct about the drinking making me feel worse. The Alcohol has been telling me I am not good enough and I am a big fraud for a long time. I am going to go back to my "one day at a time" mantra. I just not be ready for a full time job. I do not know what I want. I know I would like to stay Sober
Old 11-16-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I’m really really really glad to see your post today, Beth- we can do this together! You are not alone in how you feel. I have a continuous struggle with the negative thoughts about being a fraud, worthless, not good enough- it’s the reason why I forced (well, actually at my therapist’s encouragement) myself to list my accomplishments so that I can show myself that I am not worthless. But my challenge is understanding what it is that makes me happy and not trying to please others, or doing things that I think I’m supposed to do. One day at a time!

Old 11-17-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you Misty- how are you feeling today? I am on day 23. How are you doing?
I just have not been inspired to write out my feelings. I just have so many conflicting feelings. I just think I am disappointed that I have been fighting this
so long and I am back in the same place again. Lost everything trying to get some Sober days - I am just kind of existing going to meetings. Basically no other life.
Not to be a downer. Just where I am at. But I am sober and feel content with that. I could be existing with the feeling of doom/no hope and a massive hangover. I know this will pass. I need to be in this place to once and for all get some real recovery.
xo
Beth