Notices

Day 21/ 3weeks

Old 11-10-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 21/ 3weeks

So far so good.

Got some news yesterday that came from my past and was the main trigger for my relapse 18 months ago. For little while during the day it pissed me off and made me wanna drink and escape the problem again.

But in that same breath it was a blessing in disguise. The news was hard to hear but gave me closure finally. The why the thing happened was finally answered. So I'm actually relieved.

Won't go into detail but it was a series of things that ran together that went wrong and that particular thing was the "last straw" so to speak.

But i didn't drink over it and today I don't have to, need to, want to or care to. And that make me feel better about my maturity through these back and forths of my 18 month relapse. I wish I didn't relapse. But it got me here relatively unscathed and much wiser than I was when I did relapse. I won't let something like that break me again.

Sorry if I rambled

Thank you all for the support and well wishes.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done for not drinking. The 3 weeks mark is where it becomes easier and I am looking forward to getting to that achievement as it’s Day 1 for me.
My relapse started late August so it’s been nearly 3 months. I don’t think I would be alive if it went to 18 months.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Superb. ✌
Old 11-10-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

@stable...yeah its become easier but I do have my moments where it can be tough. Slowly but surely getting back clarity and some peace of mind. And congrats on the Day 1 and wanting to go on the sobriety journey. Prayers and best wishes to you.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on 3 weeks
Old 11-10-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 3 weeks

D
Old 11-10-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a great share TNT - handling the really tough stuff, and being able to seek that perspective of blessing in disguise, a lesson not a punishment, so on, is what we get to do sober. Keep going!
Old 11-10-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Tnt,

I am so glad you did not drink! I have that mantra in my head . Do not drink- NO MATTER WHAT. You were able to practice this! Also you learned from your relapsed by drinking over this situation that has popped up again, it just makes you more upset.

Thank you for advising you got through it very-inspiring