I have not written on the forum in months

Old 11-26-2004, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have not written on the forum in months

:hello2 I haven't written on this forum for months, but I still browse for inspiration and to know that I am not alone in my saga. I am the school teacher with the AD who is now 24 years old. Things have been going smoothly most of the time with her. No really major moments of tragedy. Her behavior is so odd...that I actually looked up bi-polar to try to see if she fit that profile. She doesn't. She can seem to go along for 2 or 3 months just fine, and then she suddenly breaks out and does something totally bizarre.
The day after the episode she is fine. She doesnot not understand why anyone
should be so upset with her. Go Figure. She has had a steady boyfriend for the last 3 or 4 months and he really keeps her from drinking constantly by trolling the bars to see old friends. He doesn't let her drive drunk; because I have told him to take the car keys from her and not give them back. That works. I feel very content when she is with the BF. I know he will take care of her. She has always had committment issues (as in she can't totally commit to anyone). Of course, she started a huge argument over basically nothing the night before Thanksgiving. Ruined everyone's Thanksgiving. That is so typical of her. Now she has moved back home (she was living with him---a guilty relief for me). I don't really want her to be here. She is clean and sober and has been staying at home and trying to go to the bed at a reasonable hour. She works in the Mall at the most prestigious store, with the most outlandish prices for anything. My husband and I had gotten used to enjoying time alone. Forget that. I know that if BF is not the right one for her that God will take care of it...he has plan for her life that I cannot fathom and I have a hard time waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have to be patient and allow God to work his plan. But I still live with total fear about what she may do . Is a parent ever without fear!!! .
Old 11-26-2004, 11:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dont fade away.....

love and light to you...i'm thinking of you...
Old 11-27-2004, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Frannie))))))

Good to see you here!!!!

Just keep it formost in your thoughts that God is in control. Boyfriends can't change or control her and as you well know neither can you. I bet her boyfriend won't take much more of her stuff if he is healthy and mature.

Probably she won't recover until she is without a boyfriend to keep her inline and she is relying on God to do what nobody else can do......
Old 11-27-2004, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Frannie, nice to see you back. Ann once said that faith is the antidote for fear. I try to remember that when fear starts creeping in the back door.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome back Frannie, I missed you.

What Gabe said! I too have to constantly remind myself that I am not the One who is running the show. Faith truly IS the antidote to fear.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-27-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Glenda

Hello Frannie - welcome back - I have missed your post. Glenda