Notices

Haha

Old 11-09-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Haha

Me again, not going to introduce myself, Those that know me know me. I keep digging the hole, one day I hope I find a rope
Old 11-09-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello,
I am coming back myself. I have two weeks sober today. I feel so much better.

I would love to hear a bit about your story and why you came back.

I finally grabbed on to the rope- pulling myself up has been hard but I really

needed to start somewhere. Thank goodness it is not impossible.

I was in very very bad shape and had no hope at first.

So glad I started somewhere. I see you have the desire while posting here
Old 11-09-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Room

I know its hard but I think to break a cycle you need to institute some kind of change.

Not sure what your feelings are on something like AA but even just posting here daily or more than daily often helps.

why not join the Class of November support thread?
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-12.html (Class of November 2019 Part 1)

D
Old 11-09-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You don't have to find a rope, you have to make a rope and pull yourself out of the hole you've dug. There's lots of help here but in the end, you have to make the effort on your own.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You came back here, it's a start.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am right there with you. I had to pull myself out too. No one else there to do it for me... Today is only day 2 for me....
Old 11-09-2019, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
I am right there with you. I had to pull myself out too. No one else there to do it for me... Today is only day 2 for me....
Congrats TravelBug on day 2 everyday it gets better. (Day 15)
Keep going ! you deserve the best life.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
You don't have to find a rope, you have to make a rope and pull yourself out of the hole you've dug. There's lots of help here but in the end, you have to make the effort on your own.
I heard at a meeting just recently from a speaker who was
describing active drinking trying to stop.

Wanted a life line , wanted a rope- (what a coincidence) then said "actually the devil and my HP were having a tug of war -and I was the ROPE !" went on to say he found himself and used the rope the correct way.

Your post reminded me of his share because it is the point he was conveying.- It had to be up to him. The rope was there all along.

He has been sober for 24 years very inspiring.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for reply’s, my hole is so deep now, sorry for the puns, I never ever thought it would get this bad. I’ve lost so much now I need to get out before I loose more, not that I have a lot left but enough that I do actually want to get out now, and maybe get some of what I lost back (sorry about the crypticness) I can’t quite talk about what I’ve lost
Old 11-09-2019, 06:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Also I only have a phone and can’t work out how to like or respond to each post, but I thank you all for being here
Old 11-09-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Room1 View Post
Thanks for reply’s, my hole is so deep now, sorry for the puns, I never ever thought it would get this bad. I’ve lost so much now I need to get out before I loose more, not that I have a lot left but enough that I do actually want to get out now, and maybe get some of what I lost back (sorry about the crypticness) I can’t quite talk about what I’ve lost
I am so sorry you have lost so much. Sorry for the slogan, but this to shall pass if you put the drink down and stay sober.
I am sure you will get much back and maybe so much more even better than before.
I only have 15 days, I lost-my job, my BF, phone, my apartment- living back at my parents so I will not be alone.- My apartment is vacant I owe one more month on the lease. Then I have to let it go. I have pretty much lost everything but my Mom and Dad and my life. I am sharing
so you know you are not alone. I needed to experience this pain because I just could not get it! I have been through so much pain and I am done. NO buzz/high/drunk is worth all this pain.
I physically and mentally feel so much better. I am taking it a day at a time. Drinking and trying to keep it all together /maintained is impossible for me. Even if I could get it all back tomorrow I would forgo it just to be able to work on myself /not be alone and obtain some valuable recovery/sober time.
I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope you are able to begin your sober journey.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Room1 View Post
Me again, not going to introduce myself, Those that know me know me. I keep digging the hole, one day I hope I find a rope

first: stop digging.

then: don’t wait to “find” a rope but grab the one that others throw you. in AA or somewhere else.
in fact, if you phone AA, someone is likely to bring you the rope.