More has been revealed

Old 11-06-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More has been revealed

Sorry to have to post this, at the Post Acute facility my brother is at I discovered that he and my nephew have also been heroin addicts for the past year.
I feel so betrayed.
3 years ago we bought them a fifth wheel as 1) Brother has terminal cancer 2) they were going to be on the street.

They paid their space rent etc.

Now I find out this.

Huge ugly scene at the facility.

Lordy - you can't make this stuff up
Old 11-06-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Littlesister,

Unfortunately heroin or any abuse of a drug that takes the addict/alcoholic outside of themselves may become an extension of the UNTREATED alcoholism. Regardless of the substance the self destruction of untreated addiction will end in death. Either slowly *sometimes* when nature takes its course (alcohol) or quickly heroin.

I write this as a woman in recovery. It is helpful for me to type this out. So thank you for sharing your experience and helping me. Alcohol has taken me down path's I NEVER thought or understand I could go. Sober I am a good person with a great heart. It is baffling.

So sorry for all you are going though. The alcoholic/addict absolutely CRUSHES the people they love and care most about them. I will say a prayer for you and your brother.

Please take care/nurture/love yourself today. You are posting here for support which is such a gift to yourself

I am sure posts with much more wisdom and experience dealing with how you are feeling will follow.

XO Beth
Old 11-06-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, sorry to hear there was a huge ugly scene, that must have been upsetting for all of you and everyone who witnessed it. You didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it.

No amount of yelling at the person (or at your HP or the person next to you, will change the fact that they are heroin addicts).

I'm sure it's frustrating for you and all your family, going through this difficult time, finding out this new information.

You have enough going on without worrying about any of this additional stuff?

Do you attend Al-Anon or Nar-Anon?
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugh Sister, that is indeed horrific. I am so sorry.

I hope you can double down on your own self care and recovery work. Has Alanon worked for you at all?
Old 11-07-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
totfit

I hope your brother gets well.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all
Watching someone you love disappear into addiction/alcoholism, becoming a mere "shell" of who they once were is so devastating.

It is heartbreaking to visit, he is now in Hospice care so a lot more comfortable.
I have a great support system with my other brothers, husband and friends,

So tired