Notices

Here I am

Old 11-02-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I am

Hey everyone! I joined this site last night and I'm spent the last hour reading stories of recovery. Right now I'm pretty down, hopeless and lost. I once had 5 years of sobriety, I worked a great program. But slowly I stopped talking at meetings, going to meetings, calling my sponsor. I was a time bomb.
I know exactly what I need to do but I was so deep in the madness. My emotions are off the charts! But I know how to put my toolbelt back on! I'll keep coming back, thank you ☺
Old 11-02-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome RD. Lots of threads, stories- info to learn from, get support and get involved with.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you joined us. You'll find lots of support here.

Five years of recovery is great, and I'm sure that you have a good idea of what you need in your recovery plan. I think posting and reading here is always a good addition to a recovery program.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Reckoning 😊. Five years is awesome. Strap your toolkit belt tightly on and keep posting!
Old 11-02-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you know what you need to do to get back on track. Adding SR might just be what you need. One thing about toolbelts, there's always room for one more tool. John
Old 11-02-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you with us, Reckoning.

I once had 3 yrs. of sobriety & picked up again without giving it much thought. It took me many more years to admit I could never be a social drinker. I created a nightmare for myself. That's when I found SR, & the courage to change my life. Knowing we're never alone makes a huge difference. Welcome back.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alright alright alright ladies and gents we have another victor to join us on this wonderful journey. Welcome my friend. ✌
Old 11-02-2019, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Five years of sobriety is amazing you have not lost that experience in time. I have so much hope for you. You sound really inspiring and by even being aware of a tool box means you are headed in the right direction. So happy you decided to embark on a new sober journey. We are worth it. I am on day 8 and you inspire me. Its never to late. I have tried many times to stay sober I am not giving up on myself, since the alternative is death.

looking forward to your support
Old 11-02-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this. You already have done this. I’m at 6 months only, so I’m expecting you to still lead the way. Fantastic to have you here!
Old 11-02-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Glad you found us. You’re in good hands.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm very surprised by all the warm comments and support! Sober recovery is definitely a new tool for me! Every comment gives me hope! Thank you everyone. Im very tired of proving to myself i cant do this alone. I love the unity here.