Old 11-01-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

November/December self care

Kindness to self is getting easier.

Goals for my self care this week:

1. More time outside in nature.

2. Group meditation.

3. Read and put to use (again): The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I love how this transforms my life!
Old 11-01-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

1.I'm moving. Today I give my alky landlord 30 days notice.
2.I will not hang out with people who "celebrate" the holidays at the business end of a bottle.
3. I will decorate my new house.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

These are awesome! Eauchiche, I especially love your three!!

For me, this wk -
1 Outlined the Christmas gifts and have purchased all but my husband. He is responsible for his son and parents; I've got my step daughter and my parents and the rest. Budget and limits this year!!
2 I'm going to five meetings in the next wk - I did one today, so that is a total of 6. More if the mood strikes. I need more and consistently post surgery and being able to leave the house.
3 I'm going to take bubble baths a few times as the freezing weather has struck and finally I want to since I got sober. Sparkling water on the side of the tub, not wine.

Take care all!! Happy November.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gosh, you guys are rocking! Eauchiche, I am so excited that you ARE MOVING!!!! Finally, yay!

I went to a Halloween get together last night at a friend's house, in my slippers! It felt so good!

This weekend I will find some time for myself at some point. It has to happen. I plan to take down Halloween items and clean a little as well. Oddly as it sounds, this plan calms me down and I look forward to a clean and neat home.

I am also going to make a budget and start on a little Christmas shopping. I am not going overboard this year.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Comfort food. Easy loaded baked potato for breakfast. Turmeric tea for my commute to work.

I'm planning to make salted brown sugar peanut butter cookies again soon! Peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and sea salt. When I added baking soda and apple cider vinegar recently, they were slightly crisp on the outside and super soft inside.

Meditation.

Playful physical activities. Running my own made-up obstacle course as I naturally see one available, basketball, yoga wherever I am and jumping more, just for the fun of it.

Listening to helpful, positive pod-casts about what I've been through, hobbies I enjoy and new skills I'm gaining.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Sleep. Deep, restful, rejuvenating sleep.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My plan is to attend a yoga class today for mums and babies! My first class since son was born.

I've been going to lots of weekly support groups for new mums...and seeing more of my friends. Feels great being around more women especially x
​​​​