Juuuust a Tiny Bit Traumatized

Old 10-31-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Juuuust a Tiny Bit Traumatized

So my mom moved in with me earlier this year. About six months after XAH moved out. All things considered it’s going pretty well.

A couple of her friends showed up at the door knocking and being silly this evening, apparently she was supposed to give them a check for some charity thing and she forgot they were stopping by. Of course she invited them in because that’s the polite thing to do. And I just lost my mind. I went upstairs into my bedroom and sobbed for like 30 minutes.

I felt like somebody had broken into my house and lit all my stuff on fire for how upset I was about the intrusion. It was really surprising and kind of bewildering. I think it’s that I worked so hard to get a man who was destroying my life out of my house. And for months he would push in and open my cabinets and stuff like that whenever we would hand off our daughter or have to talk for any reason. and eventually I got him to stop coming inside. But I feel like I had to fight like hell for my own space.

Apparently I am not over it if a couple of ladies in silly Halloween costumes in my living room unannounced can cause me to lose it. I rarely cry over him. But obviously I am still traumatized.

Onward.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry DFF, that is sad. You know, I can completely understand it.

Sometimes, you just want that safety of knowing what's going on in your own place. You can't just relax and be yourself and unwind and just deal with whatever you are dealing with.

I think that's really normal. It hasn't been that long, you are still working through this.

I hope you do something nice for yourself and that you are feeling better soon.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would find that annoying too, to be honest, and it totally makes sense that it would cross over into upsetting given your trauma. I'm sorry. Sending love!
Old 10-31-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Gentle hugs.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DiggingForFire,

It always amazes me how the mind works. You wouldn't think something as your mom having some friends over and inviting them in would cause the trauma to pop back in your life. It just shows you how much your EX had an impact on your life. It's OK that you felt that way. It just means you have more to work on. You handled the situation fine, now just learn from it. Know with each day that passes these feeling about what your EX traumatized you with will diminish.

Like Trailmix said, "do something nice for yourself today". Have a great day and keep being strong.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Oh well, it gives you an insight into your mind at the moment, and that can be valuable. You will start to heal.

Maybe ask some people around for something pleasant?