Notices

29, battling cancer just quit my job....sad

Old 10-27-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

29, battling cancer just quit my job....sad

It's been a few rough months (years) for me....Remaining sober for the last two years is the only thing that gets me to keep going...I have advanced colon cancer and undergoing chemo currently..I have crappy insurance so I feel like a don't get the best of care.....but fingers crossed I can kick this things butt one more time....I work at a restaurant in Manhattan and my boss is just so awful I had to quit my job this week...So I just feel a little worthless right now...Like can't one thing just go right? Well thanks for letting me vent...I hope you guys are having a better night =)
Old 10-27-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good to hear from you again kleigh

I hope you can find another job or some way to pay the bills - and of course all the best with the chemo

I'm really inspired by you remaining sober through all this

D
Old 10-27-2019, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow. You are an inspiration to me also. I would think you should be able to find another job fairly easily. I wish you a speedy recovery with your medical issues.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you have stayed sober thru your health problems. I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending positive vibes up for you my friend. And yes, it is so inspiring that you have this clarity and can remain true to yourself and your sobriety during a tough time.

I am sorry for the ****** card you have been dealt, but trust and believe that you are better equipped to handle this sober than if you were using.

Proud of you, you are truly an example and I hope that all gets better for yoU!
Old 10-27-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

This place saved my life. I am praying for you and hopefully everyone that reads your story does too.

I get into my head way less now than this time last year.

I barely feel the need to talk the world according to D122y to you because you have loads on your plate.

I have no advice for you except this. As far as I know diet is everything when it comes to cancer.

If I catch cancer I plan to go full up anti cancer diet. There are so many articles on the web, but basically the correct diet changes the bodies chemistry to just eradicate the cancer.

My mom died of cancer. She was eating taco bell on her death bed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

More vibes coming from me too. I wish you all the best.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers and support to you Leigh. Keep on posting.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like life is horribly tough right now for you, not to mention your awful boss and having to give up your job. What a plank he must be!

I am sending you my very best wishes and kindest thoughts. I hope things turn around very soon.

Stay strong.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Positive energy heading your way from me as well. Sorry you’re going through such a difficult time all around with your health and having to quit your job. I hope you can devote some time to your health now without worry about your boss’s understanding. A new job will come along at the right time but for now staying strong & sober is your work. Keep posting. You’re an inspiration.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kleigh, I wish you all the best with the chemo and good for you for staying sober through this. Do you think you can find a job in a different restaurant? I'm sorry for the stress this is causing you.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi kleigh, you are so brave and you deserve much better. You must be so strong to work through chemo. I don't think many of us can imagine just how hard that is. I hope things take a significant upswing for you. Respect and support to you.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

Sending love and hugs to you
Old 10-28-2019, 02:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending prayers
Old 10-28-2019, 05:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am so inspired by your story. I am a medical professional in oncology. The strength shown by all fighting this awful and unfair disease is unbelievable. There are days i feel so sorry for myself because of my alcoholism, but then see people who have awful conditions. Makes me feel so small for letting this poison (i dose myself with) hurt me. There are so many others who would be so thankful for what i took for granted.
I will be thinking of you.