Notices

Here we go again

Old 10-19-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

Hello again everyone. This week, starting Monday, I attempted to go sober after drinking heavily pretty much every single night. I lasted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, it was amazing, I felt so energized & mentally sharp, so happy going to bed sober, so happy waking up sober, I loved it! However, on Thursday and last night I drank. I woke up this morning wondering why in the world I had to go and ruin waking up completely energized on a Saturday. I don`t feel really hung over, I guess I was used to feeling blah every.single.morning. and after that sober spout I can really tell the difference. When I drink, I feel bad, like I failed. I`m going to try to turn this thinking around, Instead, I feel proud that I went to day 4, I may have stumbled, but here I am again, ready to rock & roll! One day at a time. Gonna spend my morning recuperating and watching some youtube videos on alcoholism & do some netflix & once my energy is back I`m gonna exercise, then enjoy the rest of my Saturday sober! Have a great day everyone, one day at a time!
Old 10-19-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just jump back in. I had so many false starts before I finally kept it going, now I’m at nine months. I don’t feel that each setback puts you back at square one because you learn each time. You can do this.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If at first you don't succeed try try again. Dust them knees off move forward. ✌
Old 10-19-2019, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try not to beat yourself up too much. Alcohil us very cunning baffling and powerful. It's great that you are niw committing to your sobriety. Keep committing every day. A good documentary on you tube is "Rain in my Heart."
Old 10-19-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered making a recovery action plan GR?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 10-22-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

How are you today GettingReady?