Why Your Toxic Ex Keeps Crawling Back - (article)

Old 10-17-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why Your Toxic Ex Keeps Crawling Back - (article)

Haven’t posted in awhile. My XAGF continues to reach out to others, hoping to get me back. But I’ve maintained NC, and have somehow moved forward slowly but steadily. Yesterday I came upon a really helpful 2017 article, “The Real Reasons Your Toxic Ex Keeps Crawling Back – According To Research.” There’s a lot of helpful info in it. Thought I’d share it here... It’s not about alcohol or alcoholics - but there’s still plenty of applicable info (re: trauma bonding, toxic narcissistic ex’s, giving an ex too many chances, returning to a toxic ex, etc). And in my case, sums up my ex! Ugh. Hope everyone’s been OK!

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-a...g-to-research/

“Toxic ex-partners may not miss you, but they sure do miss what you provided for them.”
Old 10-17-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Looks like an interesting article Lifechange.

How has your health been? As I remember you had a lot of rough stuff going on.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bekindalways - thanks. It’s been a process... a lot of doctors, tests and research. Missed herniated discs on my MRI we’re found but doesn’t explain all my neuropathy. But suffering from a very painful back doesn’t help, especially when you’re trying to better yourself after multiple surgeries and a bad relationship! Slowly climbing out of poverty level with a lot of city resources... just one step at a time.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing the article. Strikes me as correct.

Sorry to read of your health issues, LifeChangeNYC.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Toxic ex-partners may not miss you, but they sure do miss what you provided for them.”

I guess the same could be said for anyone in a relationship out of habit rather than passion. Hey, I didn't want to admit my marriage stunk. I didn't want to be *that person* in my family who got a divorce. Staying married provided me with the narrative that I hadn't made a huge mistake marrying someone after knowing him only six months.

You don't think...no, it couldn't be...that anyone outside my household caught on? Nawwww.