EXAH.. Just threw me an intermittent chicken..

Old 10-14-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

EXAH.. Just threw me an intermittent chicken..

So the no contact has been great for me. Minimal conversation to none at handovers. No texts or emails unless absolutely necessary KID related stuff. EXAH & enabler are going away on their big trip (the one he dangled in front of me a few months ago.. If I let him drink). I chose no alcoholic over active alcoholic.

Then outta the blue he's checking in with me. My apartment door has cosmetic damage to it. It's obviously cosmetic but he wants to know if everything is OK at mine.

He hadn't asked me in 12months: am I OK, how's work, how's my family, nothing. How dare he intermittent chicken me as he's literally about to jet off with his enabler!!!!

He has not earned the right to suddenly care about me or my home!!
Old 10-14-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

only if you take it as such.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Someone here referred to the term "quacking"

Let them quack
Old 10-14-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I just ignored it. In the meantime, I've started a lovely new job. Loads of Irish people here....from my old village. What are the odds?
Old 10-14-2019, 11:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great to hear you have a lovely new job.

Yeah is all quacks! The so-called nice stuff as well as the self pity stuff!
Old 10-15-2019, 03:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Milano, loved the title and I knew exactly what you meant by it. I kind of imagined a rubber chicken flying through the air. Also, imagine having people from your village in your workplace! That must be a hoot.

Any suspicions about why he's being so nice? Do you think he has an ulterior motive, or maybe has just gotten over the anger stage?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new job, hope it goes really well for you!

Old 10-15-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi Milano, loved the title and I knew exactly what you meant by it. I kind of imagined a rubber chicken flying through the air. Also, imagine having people from your village in your workplace! That must be a hoot.

Any suspicions about why he's being so nice? Do you think he has an ulterior motive, or maybe has just gotten over the anger stage?
I think it's guilt he's going away. It's also the knowledge that WE would have had a blast. It's something we'd talked about doing and even when he was still sober we travelled and always had a riot. I'm also effin hot in a bikini!! I'm also super friendly and took up a lot of the 'social slack' he can't do sober. He's basically going on a trip with his mum, same figure, same job, same clothes. Very quiet lady.

I'm the kinda chick who'll find some secret grotto on a map, drag him out exploring. Bang on farmers doors to see can we cut across their land and find the mystery spot. And then strip down to skivvies and jump in. All sober... I love adventure!! Also the only reason we're not going together - cos he did offer-is because he won't quit drinking.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Congratulations on your new job, hope it goes really well for you!

Yup. Quack quack.. I'm not a complete @ss, I asked about your door.. Quack quack.