The stranger

Old 10-13-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The stranger

So I've been AWOL for a bit. It's been a tough time.
A big lie from AH a few weeks back, me confronting him, some intense discussion and well, back to the status quo.
I went to an odd, but fabulous event tonight about masculinity and loss. It was performance art with speaking and singing. It was beautiful and confronting. The all-male performers all seemed to have their stuff together.
Anyway, afterwards, I lost my composure as we all filed out. A stranger (the venue owner) hugged me as I cried and I quietly blurted out that my H was an AH.
What are the chances...he said he had been in recovery with AA for 7 years. He told me how hard it was everyday, but also he takes one day at a time. His kindness was overwhelming. I will never see that stranger again (I'm far from home), but I hope he has some sense of how his kindness was received.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How kind of him. This reminded me of your Kindness thread a little while ago.

I don't know if it's just that you are "out there" in the world and the world isn't all that bad a place really or if these people just keep crossing your path. I'm glad they do.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wombaticus….if he has been in that kind of recovery for that many years....I am absolutely sure that he "knows" how welcome his kindness was......that is why he offered it.....
Old 10-13-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wombaticus,

Nice to see you back. We have missed you. I figured you were:

A. Kidnapped by Aliens and taken to Mars. Cause we all know Mars needs women.

B. On a secret spy mission and had to go silent , so as to not blow your cover.

C. Fast from home at a great play where you meet a really kind gentelman.

Sorry about the AH stuff. Though I'm glad you got out of the house and did something fun. The man was correct when he said recovery is hard and you have to take it one day at a time. You are in recovery too and must follow the same advice. I hope you have a great day and hope that you keep posting. Be strong.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Wombaticus,

Nice to see you back. We have missed you. I figured you were:

A. Kidnapped by Aliens and taken to Mars. Cause we all know Mars needs women.

B. On a secret spy mission and had to go silent , so as to not blow your cover.

C. Fast from home at a great play where you meet a really kind gentelman.

Sorry about the AH stuff. Though I'm glad you got out of the house and did something fun. The man was correct when he said recovery is hard and you have to take it one day at a time. You are in recovery too and must follow the same advice. I hope you have a great day and hope that you keep posting. Be strong.
Ha ha. Secret mission yes!
A mission to find myself. Yes, im in recovery and it feels really good to return to me - the good, the bad, the ugly. Did some ugly crying, had a great sleep, did some exercise, went out for breakfast, and bought a new nail polish. Hee hee. Perfect morning.
However, the grief is overwhelming some days, especially when people are kind.
AH no longer belongs to me. I cant drag him back. He has to turn around, and turn his back on the mistress alcohol. I cant control that.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wombaticus,

That is great to hear that you are rediscovering yourself. While I don't know much about nail polish. I have a daughter who loves it, even does her own little designs in her nails. She get really excited over her colors. So I will imange you at that same level of joy. Sounds like a great morning.

I won't ask you too much secret spy mission stuff. Cause I know if you tell me, you will have to eliminate me. And I like living...lol

Have a great day and keep strong.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One day at a time friend!

Glad to see you check in. It's wonderful when you can gain support in unlikely places. Big hugs!
Old 10-18-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Perhaps its me? Perhaps ive changed?
I've been reflecting on why I am seeing kindness. Perhaps im being more open and genuine as I progress? While I was away, I was staying in a hotel. My new-ish friend came to get changed in my room before we went to a dinner (she was staying at another hotel) at my hotel. She was performing at the dinner. I genuinely wanted her to succeed. I genuinely wanted to make sure she was comfortable, got to take a shower etc.
And the best thing? She was grateful. Not a one-off, gushing, narcissistic grateful, but just a genuine thankyou, part of a normal human interaction and following it up with being normal ever since.
I'm letting myself see the best of humanity, while not being under any illusions that its all sweetness and light.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How you are out there in the world absolutely makes a difference. Now that you are perhaps being more "yourself" and not carrying as much of a burden, you might be putting off a completely different vibe.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
How you are out there in the world absolutely makes a difference. Now that you are perhaps being more "yourself" and not carrying as much of a burden, you might be putting off a completely different vibe.
So good to have me back. Will remember this when i next relapse.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Womabaticus,

You sound like you have found joy in your heart. I am so glad for you. Their are good people out there. I'm glad you found one. It's good to have YOU back. Have a great day and be strong.

Song of the week: Lauren Daigle "Rescue"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYR0xP1j4PY