Notices

I dont think I can go on

Old 10-12-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

I dont think I can go on

God help me to stop drinking
Give me strength.
I am at the bottom and barely hanging on.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello my friend. Hang in there. You want to get better right? Starting now lets do so. Just for today lets not drink. Then go from there. He Will answer your prayers. ✌
Old 10-12-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is how I felt the night I took my last drink! You can do it Whitejay.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

I cant take it anymore. I have been trying to quit for 10 years.
why was I even born.
Such a loser.
I dont think I'll make it.
pray for me please.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whitejay- it can take a long time to break the cycle. It isn't easy but it is doable! You are not a loser...you are like millions of people addicted to something that is available on every corner.

have you joined the October 2019 newcomer thread? Lots of good support there if you want to start adding up the sober days.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

When you feel the worse that you have ever felt in your whole life and racked with guilt and shame, I dont know if I will make it.
All I do is cry.
Thank you for your support.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers to you Whitejay!
The drinking gives us poopy thoughts. Get help for yourself, you are worth it and getting sober is worth it. Your thinking will improve. Your life will also as you begin to live again. I got so far down with mine I was also hanging by a thread until I stopped. Then I had to figure out what to do with my life as I really let most everything go that I once enjoyed. Now I am slowly rebuilding friendships, relationships, a career. Please get supported either through a treatment program or AA (or both) and you'll get your life back on track. Keep posting, this place is great. Best wishes to you!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The guilt and shame does get better! I remember that feeling...I agree it is terrible. Be easy on yourself. We all have been there!!

Take good care of yourself today. Drink a lot of water, eat good, and rest. Maybe find a funny show to watch.

Prayers!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Thank you guys. Atleast I feel like you care.
so scared and so alone.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I tried to quit for ten years so I know how you feel. I felt like you do now every day for ten years.
You can make it through this. You're not a loser. You're someone with a problem. A problem that can be solved.
Just stop drinking now. For today.
I know you feel alone and scared, but these feelings will pass, believe it or not. And I know it was hard for me to believe when I was in the misted of it all.

Just hang in there and don't take a drink. Post here. Go to an AA meeting. Get some sleep. Do whatever it takes.
Reach down inside you and know you are loved by the universe and it, and we, need you.
Best to you, and we're all here for you.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi whitejay!

AA meetings were very important to my early recovery. There is nothing better than being with people who understand my problem.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Like many here, I have been where you are. It does get better one day at a time and sometimes one second at a time.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

You wont believe how much you guys are helping me by just telling me Im worth it.
I was suicidal for a long time.
Its hard believing I have worth.
Thanks for being here for me.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Worth is inherent.
I can't remove your worth
You can't remove my worth.
I can't remove my worth.
You can't remove your worth.

I tried for 29 years to change.
Then I got it.
Then I lost it
I'm going to get it back.
Change is possible, therefore hope is reasonable.

Let's do this.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I bet you have a lot more worth than you realize. Everyone here values your worth. A lot of us understand what you're going through,too. I do.
Please take care of yourself. You deserve it. Do whatever it takes to make yourself feel better besides drink.
I would lay in bed all day. But I know that can be hard too with a racing mind and thoughts.
A drink isn't going to help anything.
Hang out here. We're all here for you.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You are worth a better life, alcohol free, you also deserve that life, whitejay. I tried to stop for over a decade. The trouble is, alcohol is corrosive to the mind and erodes self-worth and fills it instead, with shame, guilt, any type of negativity, which self-perpetuates the drinking, to drown out the thoughts that drinking caused. You CAN do this. It is NEVER too late.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Look my friend as you have read. We ALL have been on that road before feel me. This booze crap is no joke. Sucks big time. If youz is bad as I was with the sauce and you want to stop. See that key word? Want my brother. .....then lets get this show on the road my friend. Let me tell you this can be done real talk. I got 161 days today from that bullcrap(booze) I didnt have the luxury or means to get treatment. But I didn't care I didnt want to be sick anymore . so like you said . you asked a higher power to get you out of this mess. And look around my friend he is answering your prayers. Feed off that and take action.....you are worthy my friend. ✌
Old 10-12-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whitejay, we are here for you, and we do understand.

You are so worth the fight. You might not see that now because of the nature of the disease, but you will see it and as you stop drinking and recover. It will get better.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whitejay View Post
God help me to stop drinking
Give me strength.
I am at the bottom and barely hanging on.
Jay, you are right where you are supposed to be. Thank God that he has provided you with this sense of desperation without killing you. Then honor God by doing something about it. And remember you can’t quit forever today. Just make it through today. Keep the deseperation, remember this pain and do it again tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello, Whitejay. You are most definitely worthy of happiness and sobriety, and you can have it--it is simple yet not easy--all it takes is the commitment not to drink. I so feel for you; nearly 4 years ago I was at my bottom, consumed with guilt and shame. I thought that I was a hopeless case and could never get better--how wrong I was. I hope you stick around and keep posting. Sober Recovery has been a vital part of my recovery and you can beat this disease-so many wonderful, caring people here are living proof. I will certainly pray for you, and I wish you all the best on your sober journey.