Notices

Fatigue and headaches....need some help with this.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Fatigue and headaches....need some help with this.

Hi all
I am 11days sober today but still having headaches here and there and fatigue on and off, sometimes I just want to lay down and sleep in the middle of the day.
Just wondering how long this part of withdrawals lasts and how long its been before these symptoms stopped for everyone else. Its exhausting!
Old 10-10-2019, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was feeling better by about 10 days in and I didn't have headaches. The fatigue could be that your body is still healing, but I'd consider going to the doctor about the headaches since they have persisted so long. I hope you feel better.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I was feeling better by about 10 days in and I didn't have headaches. The fatigue could be that your body is still healing, but I'd consider going to the doctor about the headaches since they have persisted so long. I hope you feel better.
I'm just hoping it all subsides on its own. Ive read that some people will have a few withdrawal symptoms that will persist longer with some people then with others.
Thank u Anna 😊
Old 10-10-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If your headaches persist, see your doctor. The fatigue may be part of your body getting back to normal.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by least View Post
If your headaches persist, see your doctor. The fatigue may be part of your body getting back to normal.
thank u least. ... I'll see how I feel in the next few days. Hopefully it let's up some on its own!
Old 10-10-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on 10 days! It took me a lot longer to get better physically as I was extremely sick when I quit. Many people seem to see that second and third week, first month mark to be hugely better. I am a huge fan of naps as I struggle with sleep in general. Lots of water and other non-caffeinated bevs you like, good food, etc are always good ideas!

Keep going- it will get better.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it varies person to person - I was tired and headachey for most of my first month.

Some peoples experience is shorter than that and some a little longer.

I think its very important to take care of yourself, eat well,. stay hydrated and don;t over exert yourself too much too soon.

Have faith - things will get better Angeleyes
Old 10-10-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I recall about the 3rd day sober after a bender I'd get headaches that would last about 4 days. Then, at the time, I'd binge again and restart the process. Hang in there, wish you the best.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I quit this time it wasn't so bad because I had spent a lot of time trying to quit on and off in the lead-up. But last year when I quit for a while I did feel exhausted and headachey for around 12 days. Keeping really hydrated and Berocca vitamin drinks helped.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Great job on 10 days! It took me a lot longer to get better physically as I was extremely sick when I quit. Many people seem to see that second and third week, first month mark to be hugely better. I am a huge fan of naps as I struggle with sleep in general. Lots of water and other non-caffeinated bevs you like, good food, etc are always good ideas!

Keep going- it will get better.
Thank you August! .....I drink about 2 small cups of coffee when I wake and the rest of the day I drink just water and orange juice. Also take vitamin b12 and vitamin c gummies.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it varies person to person - I was tired and headachey for most of my first month.

Some peoples experience is shorter than that and some a little longer.

I think its very important to take care of yourself, eat well,. stay hydrated and don;t over exert yourself too much too soon.

Have faith - things will get better Angeleyes
I believe it varies from person to person as well Dee. I stay as hydrated as I can. Lots of water! And I make sure I eat right. I had no appetite at all when I was drinking and the first few days after my last drink but its slowly coming back!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I recall about the 3rd day sober after a bender I'd get headaches that would last about 4 days. Then, at the time, I'd binge again and restart the process. Hang in there, wish you the best.
Thank you thomas! .... 🙂
Old 10-11-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
When I quit this time it wasn't so bad because I had spent a lot of time trying to quit on and off in the lead-up. But last year when I quit for a while I did feel exhausted and headachey for around 12 days. Keeping really hydrated and Berocca vitamin drinks helped.
I also drink vitamin water as well. My sleep is getting better Though. Seems like the insomnia is subsiding!