Notices

Gonna give myself one more shot

Old 10-09-2019, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gonna give myself one more shot

Hi All,

Just checking in. Been struggling with drinking the past few months after managing around 4 months alcohol-free earlier this year.

Its been a bit of a rollercoaster. One thing I did not keep up is going to AA, i thought i can do it alone but it clearly did not work out.

Gonna try to stick to AA this time, i had many reservations but at this point, i don't think i will manage otherwise, it feels like i tried everything (trying to stay stopped alone, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc).
Old 10-09-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lonewolf and welcome back.

Yep, I couldn't stop drinking by myself either. I have been siber for 18 months now with AA and the SR community. One thing I have finally realised 18 months down the line is to always remain willing and teachable. Many times over the course of the last 18 months when I have felt better BECAUSE I am going to meetings, working ybe programme I have felt I don't need AA anymore and I begin to miss meetings and begin to stop taking inventory and then I wonder why I am in such emotional pain and drinking seems like a good idea! Thankfully by the Grace of God I havent picked up a drink and that is because one thing I didnt stop doing was praying to my Higher Power and I do believe 100% my Higher Power sometimes does for me what I cannot do for myself.

You can do this. Acceptance, faith, surrender.

I highly recommend listening to AA speaker Bob D on Surrender. You'll find it on YouTube.

Stay close.

🙏❤🙏
Old 10-09-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello there. I too cant do it alone well I am and I'm not. I dont go to AA or anything. I do stick around here quite a bit. And I read alot of recovery stuff. I do the one day at a time method. But most important for me is letting go and letting God. And as a result I am sober 158 days today. ✌
Old 10-09-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoneWolf04 View Post
...i thought i can do it alone but it clearly did not work out.
Going it alone rarely works, like one in a million. You don't need to prove it to yourself again!

I don't try to go it alone with hardly anything anymore; my life is better with help.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're continuing to work on your sobriety.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcoholics need support in my experience to recover and a solid program of recovery to work and live to facilitate a profound psychic change/spiritual awakening 🙏
Old 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck LoneWolf. 4 months is good going so you must have been doing something right. Just try to analyse what caused you to pick up and try to take preventative measures next time.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We have to be ready - it sounds like you are, LoneWolf. I'm glad you posted.
We're here to encourage you. You can do it!
Old 10-09-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back man

D