Self-care Sept/Oct 2019

Old 09-26-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self-care Sept/Oct 2019

Green & white veggies. Broccoli & cauliflower. Green peas & baked potatoes. Green bell peppers & onions.

Yoga.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hot yoga and oxalate detox via fasting are my big self-care treats this month. That and some swimming to get my heart rate up since my knees have been sore lately.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

More exercise. Last night it was a bonus because I went with my daughter to walk a path near our home, and it was great to spend time with her and also the most beautiful sunset. We rush around most of our lives, so it was nice.

I took my little dog (he only weighs 5 lbs fully grown) because I thought the path was shorter than it was. I had to carry him most of the way LOL. Poor guy. He's so cute though.

I cut sugar recently. The first 4-5 days I felt HORRIBLE. Now I am feeling much more in control and feeling good, making good choices. Eating out less. Cooking more, trying new things. (Stuffed bell peppers using riced cauliflower, spices, a little cheese,spag sauce, and lean beef was on the menu, yum).

And....a little weekend away planned next weeknd to enjoy the fall weather with my family. Right after that (literally the next day) a work trip for several days that will be fun as well, far enough away that I have to fly there. I may be one of the few people on earth that enjoy flying LOL. I will have a whole week off for that from work, yay!

And, journaling everything. One journal I have is for more feelings, etc. The other is EVERY BITE I TAKE, blood pressures, exercise, meditation and breathing, reading, medications etc. This is for me and my dr. I like to look it over though and see my progress.

Good stuff.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
More exercise. Last night it was a bonus because I went with my daughter to walk a path near our home, and it was great to spend time with her and also the most beautiful sunset. We rush around most of our lives, so it was nice.

I took my little dog (he only weighs 5 lbs fully grown) because I thought the path was shorter than it was. I had to carry him most of the way LOL. Poor guy. He's so cute though.

I cut sugar recently. The first 4-5 days I felt HORRIBLE. Now I am feeling much more in control and feeling good, making good choices. Eating out less. Cooking more, trying new things. (Stuffed bell peppers using riced cauliflower, spices, a little cheese,spag sauce, and lean beef was on the menu, yum).

And....a little weekend away planned next weeknd to enjoy the fall weather with my family. Right after that (literally the next day) a work trip for several days that will be fun as well, far enough away that I have to fly there. I may be one of the few people on earth that enjoy flying LOL. I will have a whole week off for that from work, yay!

And, journaling everything. One journal I have is for more feelings, etc. The other is EVERY BITE I TAKE, blood pressures, exercise, meditation and breathing, reading, medications etc. This is for me and my dr. I like to look it over though and see my progress.

Good stuff.

Really admire you cutting sugar. I would love to do that it's the one thing I feel I'm out of control with. I eat way too much chocolate, biscuits and soda. This weekend I've cut back but would love to cut for good.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Restorative yoga workshop tonight. Was so relaxing.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Zen moments at any opportune time.

If something happens at an opportune time or is opportune, it happens at the time that is most convenient for someone or most likely to lead to success.

Convenient timing. HP/Great Spirit timing. The most likely to lead to success.

May I trust, enjoy and see this at work, play and all areas of life.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glenjo…..it was hard to cut the sugar. I have a weekend away coming up and it's a birthday involved, so I know it will be hard not to partake. However, I am going to do this. I know if I do I will start my cravings all over again, and during that 5 days or so I felt terrible, so I don't want that again.

You can do it!
Old 10-10-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bedtime tea.

Breathing deeply.

Comfort foods.

Cozy blankets.

Time outdoors.

Enjoying the sound of geese.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Double-tea-bag bedtime tea.

Deep breath exercises.

Prayer

Meditation
Old 10-20-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bit of an upset stomach this am so ginger green tea and then a double bagged peppermint tea.

20 min of yoga

good lunch of bean and cheese burrito with lots of cilantro for leafy greens.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 10-20-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

Old 10-20-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"Resurfacing 10 years later in a foreign country with a new name"

^^^^ Made me laugh here. Thanks.

Well I'm having a long day. I'm alone and it is snowy so going out isn't very appealing. Stomach is a bit iffy still.

More self care: flossed, glass of water, called my sister.

Now for 10 more minutes of yoga and sew a seam on a chemise.

Days like today I kind of winch myself through with tiny tasks interspersed with seeking support through internet or phone calls.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Coffee this morning with my little doggie. Taking care of overdue tasks here at work. Lunch plans with an old friend tomorrow, and traveling to the mountains in California on Sunday with a scheduled spa treatment massage (which is extra special as it was gifted to me by a wonderful woman 'just cause')
Old 10-23-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Walk/running at least a mile a day.
Yoga most mornings.
Just started eating oatmeal again this week (with pumpkin, spices, almonds, and pecans). It's made a world of difference in how I feel.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Really admire you cutting sugar. I would love to do that it's the one thing I feel I'm out of control with. I eat way too much chocolate, biscuits and soda. This weekend I've cut back but would love to cut for good.
Replace those thoughts with something positive....im going to drink more water, buy a really crunchy, sweet apple, cut it up and really taste it. Apples are underrated. Lol.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I look at the trees. They are so strong and individual. Last week i went for a bushwalk. Its my happy place - hearing the birds etc. Met a friend at a tea cafe and drank tea from a cup and saucer.