Notices

Want to buy a bottle

Old 09-26-2019, 02:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Want to buy a bottle

I am shaking so much and running out of Valium. Scared I will have a seizure. I can’t even put the bin out. I can’t call an ambulance as it’s a 10 minute walk from the bus stop when they let me out. A drink would fix all this. Please talk me out of this.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sweetichick

I'm glad you're posting here before you go for that bottle.

I think you should call an ambulance if you are scared of seizures. its way better to be safe than sorry.

Buying a bottle just perpetuates the cycle and makes the chance of future seizures more likely.

This 'I'm scared of seizures and a drink will fix this' cycle will continue as long as you let it.

I think you need an option B....

If you don't buy that bottle and you're not admitted for the night, I reckon you'd be pretty close to a one way cab fare back home from the hospital or an uber.

D
Old 09-26-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Instead of buying a bottle call the ambulance and use the money you have saved for a taxi home. A drink won’t fix anything and thinking like that gives it a power that it just doesn’t have, the only thing alcohol does is get you drunk, it has no super powers and has no solutions for you.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sweeti, from what you’ve posted this year, you are in a fight for your health, if not your life. You can win that fight, with your AV, but to do so requires action, positive action. To drink, to lessen withdrawals, will perpetuate the drink, withdraw, few days sober, drink, withdraw, few days sober “cycle”.

Sweeti, you must take action, to break out of that cycle, to break free, towards a better life than the one you’re now trapped in. The trouble is, when I was trapped, I couldn’t fully see it, because the alcohol clouded the “real me” and my proper, rational, thinking.

To drink, is akin to pouring gasoline on a fire, that the gasoline caused. Please phone for an ambulance, you deserve to be safe, and ultimately, well.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Mantal. I tried to chill out and watch tv. It worked as well well as eating something. I don’t have the money for a taxi from the hospital. Only enough to buy one bottle of wine. Tomorrow is day 3 and the worst will be over. I can’t believe I was on 24 drinks a day. I took the garbage out in the car and put it in my neighbors. I’m still surrounded by empty bottles. Thanks for talking me out of it.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you changed your mind.

D
Old 09-26-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I’m so glad to read your update, Sweetie, that you decided not to buy a bottle. I’m in the U.K., Sweetie, and I know that numbers of drinks/units vary around the world. How many drinks are there in a bottle of wine in Australia, Sweetie?
Old 09-26-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The suffering is what is use to stay clean.

If I can not drink for 1 day, I can string them together.

I now look at all my sober time awake as a blessing. More time fiddle with things that are fun.

Yesterday, I started my motorcycle. I paid the registration and am ready to,start riding again. I know they are dangerous, but so is walking down the street or eating alone.

I am lucky to have found this place. Without it, relapse was a certainty.

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
Thanks Dee and Mantal. I tried to chill out and watch tv. It worked as well well as eating something. I don’t have the money for a taxi from the hospital. Only enough to buy one bottle of wine. Tomorrow is day 3 and the worst will be over. I can’t believe I was on 24 drinks a day. I took the garbage out in the car and put it in my neighbors. I’m still surrounded by empty bottles. Thanks for talking me out of it.
I’m relieved to see you didn’t drink as I read down through the posts. Good job on posting here first. I think you should post more actually. On your own threads and more on other people’s (I know you have, but not often from what I’ve seen). I’m sure you read around the boards and supporting others is a form of healing for yourself. Please don’t drink sweeti. I care about you .
Old 09-26-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sweeti, I just woke up here and saw your post. I'm so glad you posted here first. Please stay glued to this forum if you feel like drinking. I'm glad you didn't buy a bottle.

But like others have said, please don't hesitate to go to the hospital if you need to. Your health is more important than money.

I'm so pleased that you stayed sober. Day three. You never have to do this again.

You can't drink again. Ever. No matter what. Permanent decision.

Please take care of yourself today. We all care.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am shaking so much and running out of Valium. Scared I will have a seizure. I can’t even put the bin out. I can’t call an ambulance as it’s a 10 minute walk from the bus stop when they let me out. A DRINK WOULD FIX ALL THIS. Please talk me out of this.
This is the insanity of alcoholism. Alcohol is both the cause AND the solution. Complete insanity. Sweeti, I dont know how many times people will continue to urge you to get help, you clearly cannot do this alone, but I will urge you one more time. Please get help TODAY. Alcoholism doesn't mess around. If you continue to drink you have no future. Ultimately the choice is down to you. Do you want to live or die? If the answer is live, then you need to start fighting against your illness. Sending you prayers of strength and courage ❤🙏❤🙏
Old 09-26-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sweeti, I’ve just read back on your posts as Sweetichick from 2016. This cycle, is historic. What is it going to take for you to take action out of it. Do you realise that your AV is clouding the real Sweeti’s perception and wish for a better life. Not just that, but you have other physical issues, you mentioned neuropathy due to diabetes and alcohol in 2016. You mentioned you’d been trying to stop for 12 years and had atttended 300 AA meetings.

What is really going on here, Sweeti, what are your full circumstances, because without the full truth, nobody on SR can share their experience and hope. But there can be hope for you Sweeti, it all starts with one decision, a decision to quit, because you CAN. The question is, do you WANT to. Because otherwise, SR, inadvertently, may be giving you attention that you erroneously use to perpetuate your addiction.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are getting a lot of support here. I hope it helps. Ultimately you know what to do. If you make it to day 3 which it sounds you are on the way to do the worst of the withdrawal should be over. Then you have to hang in there no matter what. Go to the hospital and walk back if you have to.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sweeti - Please give yourself a real chance to get free of it for good. You've learned by now it will never do a thing to help ease your pain or bring you comfort. It is the enemy.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Between day two and three is when I would start fitting. I wish you would call an ambulance.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
I’m so glad to read your update, Sweetie, that you decided not to buy a bottle. I’m in the U.K., Sweetie, and I know that numbers of drinks/units vary around the world. How many drinks are there in a bottle of wine in Australia, Sweetie?
Hi Tatsy. Theres about 7 drinks in a white wine bottle and 8 in red.Theres all sorts of mixtures though.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
not a greeter

How are you feeling right now sweeti?
Old 09-26-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Sweeti, I’ve just read back on your posts as Sweetichick from 2016. This cycle, is historic. What is it going to take for you to take action out of it. Do you realise that your AV is clouding the real Sweeti’s perception and wish for a better life. Not just that, but you have other physical issues, you mentioned neuropathy due to diabetes and alcohol in 2016. You mentioned you’d been trying to stop for 12 years and had atttended 300 AA meetings.

What is really going on here, Sweeti, what are your full circumstances, because without the full truth, nobody on SR can share their experience and hope. But there can be hope for you Sweeti, it all starts with one decision, a decision to quit, because you CAN. The question is, do you WANT to. Because otherwise, SR, inadvertently, may be giving you attention that you erroneously use to perpetuate your addiction.
There’s a lot going on. Health problems,bipolar, grief over my exes death. I live alone and have a lot of time on my hands. Finding out my youngest daughter walked straight past me and I didn’t even recognise her really hurt. I have no reason not to drink except fear of death or a nursing home. I do want to quit. I hate living such an unmanageable life. I am feeling a lot better. So glad I didn’t drink.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

There’s a lot going on. Health problems,bipolar, grief over my exes death. I live alone and have a lot of time on my hands. Finding out my youngest daughter walked straight past me and I didn’t even recognise her really hurt. I have no reason not to drink except fear of death or a nursing home. I do want to quit. I hate living such an unmanageable life. I am feeling a lot better. So glad I didn’t drink.
So there are 4 good reasons right there you have given to quit drinking. Fear of death, fear of ending up in a nursing home, hating having such an unmanageable life, and actually wanting to quit.

If walking past your own daughter and not recognising her hurt you, imagine how that must have made her feel?
Old 09-26-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

And how awesome you have loads of time on your hands! That is all time you can dedicate to your recovery.