Yay, adoption! Boo, more drama...

Old 09-24-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yay, adoption! Boo, more drama...

So AH did show up to court today and I am officially the mother of his 11-year-old son. One of the reasons I've (supposedly) stayed in this relationship so long was because of DS even though AH left us the first time when DS was about 2. Birth mother also an addict who officially lost custody last year. I've always been very protective of him and the one constant in his life...now it's legal and official.

Was afraid that AH was going to miss court again...just in general and then because he also showed up to get more of his stuff out of the house the day before court and my parents said he was limping and had a black eye. I asked his sister about it and she pointed me to a FB post (I've unfollowed him). He got drunk 2 nights ago and tried to urinate in a clump of trees which turned out to be treetops and he fell over a 12-15 foot wall into a wooded area. Aside from the black eye he has two cracked ribs, partially collapsed lung/pneumothorax, and 5 fractures to 5 different vertebrae (compression fracture T9, fracture of transverse processes on L1 to L4). He'll be off work for at least 2 months recovering (he's an LPN and works with bedridden people). My next stressor will be visitation. I don't think DS needs to be spending the night with him since he is unstable. He says he's starting AA again and got mad at me for noting that he would have time now to attend the intensive outpatient program that several doctors have suggested he go to.

I'm tired and overwhelmed with feelings tonight. Happy that I'm officially Mom now thought
Old 09-24-2019, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is really great. Congratulations! And now you have standing to actually make sure the custody situation is appropriate. I would think if he let it go through even if you are separated (or kind of separated?), your AH may be at least somewhat realistic on YOUR son (yay!) needing you as a force of stability and parenting.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thlayli…….Congratulations on your official motherhood! It is heartwarming to see the kind of love that you and your son must have. The kind of riches that money can't buy...…
Concerning your husband....Yikes! With that kind of accident...and his resulting injuries....I know that I don't have to tell you that he is so lucky to be walking around at all......
Old 09-24-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That's wonderful news Thlayli! Happy news and surely a relief as well that he showed up.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What wonderful news. Many congratulations.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Congratulations to you and your son. Whatever else he's done, you have to give AH credit for allowing this to happen.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you and to your boy! I am so relieved knowing you have the parental rights you so richly deserve to help protect this precious child. That's one lucky young kid to have a mom like you.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you and your son! How wonderful!

As far as everything else, i'd say it's par for the course. And I would agree that he does not seem to be in any state for overnights. Goodness.

big hugs!!!