Notices

A Quick Q.........Pls

Old 11-25-2004, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Quick Q.........Pls

HI My new friends,

If I want to ask a question relevant to this site, do I start a new thread (is this the right terminology) or do I email someone?

For example if I want to get someones attention do I click on their name or post a thread or ........I'm not sure ......sorry

Guess what !! it has been a whole week sine I have had anything to drink.........been tempted though........but I have stayed strong.........so far anyway.

My husband has been trying to be supportive, he wants me to call him at work if ever I feel vulnerable ......but I dont think it is a good idea.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-25-2004, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ama

That is exactly what I wondered when I first came on too!!!! Lord but this disease has the same effect on us all it would seem.

I have the support of a loving and caring partner but he is NOT alcoholic. He tries desparately to understand. However that is not enough unfortunately for recovery! We need to be in contact with those who have suffered and YES I mean suffered this disease. For me this site has been a godsend. I have started daily AA meetings too and these are so important as I am one who can easily decieve myself into thinking that I am cured after small lengths of sobriety you see. This addiction is treatable but the medicine must be taken daily. Complacency is our enemy.......But together we can do it....

Let him be supportive and that is good - Just know that it is not the answer.....Stay with us and I can tell you from my very short experience that life can and does get soooo much better. Even in 15 days and that I think is a miracle. Keep getting well and sorry that I drone on so much but it really helps me too.......Luvs and Recovery Ama
Old 11-25-2004, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi Basi,
first off congrats on one week and welcome, its great to have support from people here, it really helps.
as best as I can explain, yeah starting a new thread will be like introducing a topic or thoughts or whatever. then people post replys to you or about the topic of the thread you started.
if there was a particular person you would like to send a message to them, a message only they will recieve. Click on that persons name, a scroll down menu will appear and drag down till send private message is highlighted.

Same thing can be done to send the person an email. Also on the top upper corner of of a page you can click on private messages and just type in the persons user name. that is how you will access your own private mailbox.
hang out, keep posting, ask questions, or just keep telling us how you are doing. theres so many great people here that are so supportive.
Anyway a whole week is awesome. keep taking a day at a time.
H
Old 11-25-2004, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Originally Posted by Basi
Guess what !! it has been a whole week sine I have had anything to drink.........been tempted though........but I have stayed strong.........so far anyway.

My husband has been trying to be supportive, he wants me to call him at work if ever I feel vulnerable ......but I dont think it is a good idea.

What do you guys think?
Basi, big ups and congratulations on your first whole week! If you did it for one week you have proved that you can do it for two weeks. But you only have to do it for today and you have proved that you can do that too because you did yesterday and the six days before that. Be happy and proud of what you have accomplished, it's no small thing, and remember there is never a good reason to pick up again. It's not the answer to any question or problem you might have today.

I think you should let your husband be supportive but do it on your terms not his because it's your recovery not his. Don't shut him out or he may get his own resentments against your recovery and end up trying undermine it concously or unconsously. You are in the process of becoming a happyier and more self-realized you. This can't help but change the relationships in your life but these changes can be such a positive thing.

Always remember that you are doing this for you and you can't let anything stand in the way of your recovery. It has to come first because you don't have anything without it.

Just my opinion and I certainly don't know all the answers. I don't even know all the questions.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless,

Tony (aka findingout)
Old 11-25-2004, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hey Basi!! Welcome to SR!! Congratulations on your week sober!! That is fantastic!! Just make yourself at home here. Ask as many questions as you want. We all learn from each other. The newly sober people help the old timers to stay sober! It's wonderful how it all works. I would recommend looking into AA or another recovery program as well as visiting this site. Face to face support really helps. We have all been where you are, just keep coming back! I'm also happy you have a supportive husband! I know I really put my hubby through a lot of crap during my drinking and he is still here supporting me! How grateful I am for that. Your hubby may want to check out Alanon. It will help him!

Welcome again and big hugs to you,
Missy
Old 11-25-2004, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Saved.........

Do you all know how you have saved me !!
To Tony and everyone ............I love your reassurance.

Let me tell you that it has helped to save me from self destruction, this site and you guys ARE a godsend to me.

I'll keep posting.......you'll all probably get sick of me........I love to write, I used to write childrens stories and poetry, if you like i'll send one to you guys

Hugs & Mwas to all xx
Old 11-25-2004, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Basi

If you love to write, don't spare the ink. We'd love to share your experiences.

What a great way to fill your time. Creative writing is such a gist to have. I'm sure you can oput that to good effect if ever you feel down.

Stay strong.

Rich
Old 11-25-2004, 04:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
spirit

hi basi, wow a week sober, that is brilliant, we wont get sick of you at all, that is what we are here for mate.

ask anything you like, keep moving forward!!

congrats
kath in perth