A small victory

Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A small victory

I haven't updated in a bit because our house fell into this obnoxious routine that "works" for right now.
Yesterday, that fell apart. I took our youngest to sports practice. We left practice early and headed home. I could hear the music coming from the house when I parked my car and I knew AH was drunk (he is predictable) before I walked into the house. Needless to say, he was SHOCKED when he saw me come in the door because he didn't expect us for another hour at least. He was sitting in his recliner with a 32 ounce beer between his legs and he started stammering about how he didn't know I would be home. I was furious! There is a clear (I thought so anyway) boundary set about alcohol in MY house and he was home with the other kids and my son's gf too! He tried to tell me that they didn't know and quack quack quack his way out of the situation. I walked outside to water my garden (my therapy) and he followed me with more quacking coming from his mouth. I told him I was mad and that he needed to leave me alone. I stood my ground and walked away from him. I called our youngest outside so he could not be engaged by AH and felt myself get a little stronger inside. I had to smile. I was so proud of myself. I hate these moments but I can feel them changing me. I don't feel like such a victim today. I slept well last night and woke up ready for what today will bring.

Small victory in this crazy life....I will take it though.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oddsunflower,

Way to stand your ground. You should be proud of yourself. It's to easy to feel the victim and blame yourself for the alcoholics issues. I'm glad that you don't feel the victim and were able to sleep last night and woke up feeling strong. I;m glad you also have a place where you can go to relax and focus your thoughts. that is important to have. For me it's a walk with music. I hope you have an awesome fun day and keep strong.