Notices

Fell off the wagon... with a thud.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Fell off the wagon... with a thud.

I was 47 days with out alcohol, even with it in the house.

I got more drunk than usual and did something dumb.

My neighbor is repainting his car (he doesnt drink) and I visited. and wrote on his garage door in the dust.. nothing bad.

he informed me the next day hes unhappy with my vandalism, and told me not to come over if I been drinking... =(

What bothers me is me writing on his door. I know better than that. I texted back an apology and havent spoken to him since.

I feel like the biggest A-HOLE in the world.

As I should..

I am unsure of just how angry he is with me, but thought Id send an email... and just say, no excuse for my behavior, ill pay for any damage caused, and leave it at that.

I dont think hes the type to take legal action.. country neighbors... but, put it in writing. take responsibility, and say, hey if I damaged it, ill fix it.

I just hope my drunk ass didnt kill the friendship.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you picked up, what made you start drinking? Unfortunately when the drink is in the sense is out, hope you can save your friendship
Old 09-19-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Meatball - that was one of my main reasons for quitting. I could no longer trust myself. Every time alcohol was in my system I turned into a bizarre version of myself - never knew where it would take me. The only way to stay safe and sane was to stay in control by not drinking. It's amazing how it changes our behavior & takes away our inhibitions.

You learned something, Meatball. You can get back on track & stay free.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey friend poop happens . we are sick. You acknowledged your dinger. Do what will make you feel better. Apologies etc. Then work on you . dont beat yourself up. Moving forward . ✌
Old 09-19-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Sorry you picked up, what made you start drinking?
I have a medical condition... that reqiures me to inject myself every 3 weeks with a drug. I am absolutely TERRIFIED of needles... they rank up there with spiders.

Ok spiders win by a slam dunk, but you get the point.

Since having to inject myself, I havent been able to do it sober. and I missed my last dose, because I couldnt bring myself to stick myself...

My dr offers this 'service' but for $100... which is SUPER steep for me. I have already asked ALL my friends, and trusted associates for the sticking part...

I am on my own in that regard.

Hell, I go so far as to first, rub prescription lidocane (no comment) then 20 minutes with a froze ham bone, then a lil more lidocane, then ham bone for another 5, and then, I can stick myself.... feeling the needle hit musle and other stuff.... OMG.... and then, (cause I am the biggest needle baby ever, and use the smallest needle i can) I push with both hands and make it work...and then its over... and in 4 days... im a normal person.. lol if I dont skip a shot like I did last time, i dont have to wait 4 days...

no i am not transgender.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh no that’s awful, could you see someone regarding your phobia of needles ie hypnotherapist perhaps anything but alcohol 👍
Old 09-19-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back meatball

Yeah, my life got a whole less complicated once I stopped drinking. Whats your plan to stay sober now?

As regards the shot - do you have a community nurse or something who could help you with the needle?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. That sounds terrible.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

so heres the email, I wish to send to my neighbor.... pretext with 'check your email'

I am sending it from an 'official email' meaning (i hope not) it lands in court, I cant back out.

I feel like an *******, and my intention was not to cause damage to your property or upset you. No excuse for my behavior. You of all people deserve better than that. I will pay for any damage I caused. If that means getting a new panel for your door, and having it installed, I will do that.

I consider you, one of my close friends. And I hope this situation has not soured our friendship.

Meatball

Thoughts?
Old 09-19-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad you made it back meatball

Yeah, my life got a whole less complicated once I stopped drinking. Whats your plan to stay sober now?

As regards the shot - do you have a community nurse or something who could help you with the needle?
There is no plan.

But I did a lot, when I was sober. House was cleaner, and got things done I been meaning to make happen.. so theres that... I have no family, and I can count my friends on one hand.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've apologised once. Apologising again is not likely to get you absolution - you've ticked the guy off.

Let it rest., Give it time. Drop it for now.

Stay Sober.

The big issue here isn't your neighbour or what you wrote.

The issue is you drinking.

How did you stay sober for 47 days?
D
Old 09-19-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's a nice apology note.`
Old 09-19-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meatball2 View Post
My dr offers this 'service' but for $100....
Just cut the drama and pay the dang $100.00. It isn't worth not doing; it's every three weeks. My guess is you spend a lot more than that drinking ? ! ? Yes ?

Heck, I paid for my car with the money I saved from not drinking.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'll get to the point - get rid of the alcohol in the house. How much have you been spending on it, compared to the $100 you need for the shot? Even if it's half, you're halfway to the med you actually need.

Forget what you did to the neighbor. You felt like you should apologize, you did, so don't hang onto it as something to nurse. This is about you getting sober.

Do you want to?

Lots of ideas for plans around here but most of us find that the answer "no real plan" keeps us drinking.

Good luck.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How to cure a fear of needles/injections
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMc-mnpyWqE

(he also managed to get his daughter to inject herself)

A reflection learned from my last monkey escapade: The more I felt bad or/and criticize myself, the more I contributed to a disastrous negative feedback loop. A downward spiral.

What's done is done.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi
I agree with Dee; see if you can find a nurse to inject you for a small cash fee. Almost anyone in the medical field, including pharmacists, can inject and they won't cost $100. Just get out and solve your problem then stay sober.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Not Alone

You wrote in the dust on your neighbours garage and he considers it vandalism?!? He sounds like a real bundle of laughs. I don't really think this is as major as you think it is. But, having said that if you do stupid things when you're drunk then maybe this should serve as a warning.

I can't wait until I have to write out and share all the bad things I've done in my life

Natom
Old 09-20-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

The neighbor said don't come over while you're drinking. He didn't banish you from his life.

Go over when you're not drinking. Hang out, be a good friend.

Also, the you can figure out a solution to the injection thing, I'm sure of it.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think Dee's advice is good. Just let be for the moment MB.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm confused. You wrote something "in the dust" and it's damaging?