Alcoholic's comfort zone limited to vicinity of alcohol

Old 09-19-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholic's comfort zone limited to vicinity of alcohol

The alcoholic and room mate are considering a move. He's complaining the other is looking at places too far away or not with in a walking distance of a bar. He actually admitted or said their new place must be near a bar-(they like as well). And must be in a short driving distance of their friends/drinking buddies/ recreational activity. Job, price or his partner have no priority. It's all about them.

At the sametime the health consequences are starting to kick in big time but again no priority on finding a job or paying for insurance. He's always looked for a gig rather than a job as to not conflict recreational activity(bar time) but now no effort is being made to hide or disguise his desire.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi..And this is your problem because...?
Old 09-19-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beachn View Post
Hi..And this is your problem because...?
Because I have to listen to his rants about this. Have to endure is attempts to get me to use my address for his mail. He has become more paranoid accusing people of all sorts of things. He's already miffed at me & others for moving out of the area taking away free rides, crash pads let alone potential mail drops.

It's making any contact/dealings with him that much harder. He's like a child who is having his toys pulled away simply for being told he'll have to find news bars and transportation.

And it's just another piece of evidence that he is a full fledged alcoholic which a lot of the family and many friends don't believe. He's talking about and mentioning his preferred substance and making decisions based on it.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thequest

I think it's time for new roommates. You shouldn't have to deal with this.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thequest View Post
Because I have to listen to his rants about this. Have to endure is attempts to get me to use my address for his mail. He has become more paranoid accusing people of all sorts of things. He's already miffed at me & others for moving out of the area taking away free rides, crash pads let alone potential mail drops.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if you've already moved out of the area how are you obligated to listen to his rants?
Old 09-19-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if you've already moved out of the area how are you obligated to listen to his rants?
Have some legal business to conclude involving him which still must have contact/communicate. It was supposed to have been completed by now.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Quest, I'm so glad to hear that it's almost completed. I hope you will feel a huge amount of relief at that point.

I'm sure it's so frustrating for you. Feel free to vent away, none of this is easy!
Old 09-19-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To make life much, much easier.. Use your lawyers for all communication. I know its expensive but so is a spa... And well worth the money. This person will quickly tire of spending money and complete anyblegal/unfinished business with you as soon as possible.

Become too expensive to deal with.. And try being a grey rock.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Rant away here any time you like quest! It's better out than in, as the saying goes. Sorry you are subjected to "alcoholic logic" while trying to wrap up loose ends. I hope it all concludes quickly!
Old 09-21-2019, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

keep moving forward and, when you don't "have" to listen anymore, stop.