Notices

Overwhelmed

Old 09-14-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed

Hi everyone I'm writing this sitting in my car in a hospital car park I'm struggling a bit today I've been doing so well and the last few days my life has been turned upside down my brother who is my closest family member has moved to the other side of the world.im so proud of him but feel lost without him and then my dad had a bad infection and we got a call from the hospital yesterday saying we should come and say our goodbyes...hes still hanging in their but I cant comprehend and if I'm honest I'm not really believing this is it and I have my sons 10th birthday in 2 days.... my av is going crazy and I'm having to stay so focused and keep reminding myself that it's just a stupid thought in my head but I'm feeling so overwhelmed and I know how easy it would be to find myself in a shop so I'm venting on here because I just cant drink.. no matter what circumstances and I needed to write it down x
Old 09-14-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came here for support Louise . There's strength in numbers

You know as much as anyone else here what the right thing to do is...stay sober.

Its hard to deal with fear and change but you can do it without resorting to drinking.

I hope things work out OK, but regardless of outcomes, your best bet for happiness and positive change is to stay sober.

D
Old 09-14-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Louise you can make it through this sober. There are no permanent solutions in the bottom of a bottle.

I hope your Dad is okay.

Hang on to your sobriety, it's a precious thing.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Remember it’s just the AV trying to drag you back into its horrible miserable sick world, stick at it otherwise things will feel so much worse good luck you can do this
Old 09-14-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to be fully present for your family and yourself right now.

You can do hard things sober. We are here and you have a place to safely talk if you need it.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello. Sorry to hear about your pops. Listen of all times not to booze this is it. I get it we boozers got a solution for all that and thats booze. But really? What is that going to do? But make more of a mess. So hang in there ride this out. ✌
Old 09-14-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You will never regret staying sober. I'm not sure if your dad is conscious, but wouldn't you want to be sober to say good bye?

Please please don't relapse. It NEVER works out.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I agree with entropy’s advice. Please stay sober and present for your father. I was sober when we gathered around my own father 4 years ago and don’t regret it one bit. Had I been drinking driving to NC wouldn’t have even been an option and a huge regret. I’m sorry you’re going through this. You can do it sober and you’ll make it. You have your sons birthday as a bright spot so maybe focus on that? Hugs.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers Louise.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you'll stay sober.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Louise, I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm sure you will miss your brother, but I bet he will he do amazingly well on the other side of the world. You're getting through this and that's how you do it. Some days are really hard, but each time you get through a time like this, it will get a bit easier. Happy Birthday to your almost 10 year old!
Old 09-15-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

way to go on coming here and sharing, Louise.
that is all very challenging...and you know that there is nothing “real” in the bottle. “real”is what you’re going through, and i hope you can find real support from others, which includes us, here. the hospital also might have a chapel for quiet space and access to a social worker or counselor for folks going through such challenges.
best wishes to you for strength and courage.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for your share and for having the courage to post on here. I can identify with your fears and please remember they are just feelings and will pass.

I'm not sure if AA is your method of sobriety but, if so, I'd suggest calling any friends you have there or even attending a meeting if possible. Being of service to and present for your Dad will help take your mind of things too. Best of luck and keep posting.