Notices

Morning!

Old 09-08-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning!

Just joined this morning and thought I’d introduce myself.
Having reached unfortunate point of drinking a litre of vodka daily, I finally sought help. Today is day 64 of my sobriety and my life has improved immeasurably.
It’s early days though, I’m not naive, I know it’s a long journey. So here I am, using and sharing any support that can maintain my start to the new me. Happy Sunday 😀
Old 09-08-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Nancy!
I'm in similar boat at 66 day and I just take it one min or day at a time.
I agree, life is much better now days then when I was drinking.

Enjoy your day!
Old 09-08-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

64 days and you just joined. How rude! We missed out on all your early struggles where we all get to tell you how to get through them. But that's OK, we can still give you advice whether you want it or not.

But 64 days is good news. At 64 days, the worst should be behind. The only thing left to tell you is to beware of the time when it pops into your head that you might be the only alcoholic that can drink with impunity after a couple of months off the bottle. With the heavy lifting behind you, now it's mostly about ignoring those crazy mind games telling you that you've now got your alcoholism under control and you can drink like a normal person when the occasion arises.

It's good to have you here.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I did actually have that thought yesterday......there’s a folk festival in town and the thought crossed my mind that maybe I could just have one pint of cider in the sunshine listening to the music......It was only a 10 second thought though. 😀 Too much to loose!
Old 09-08-2019, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 09-08-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nancy210 View Post
Thanks. I did actually have that thought yesterday......there’s a folk festival in town and the thought crossed my mind that maybe I could just have one pint of cider in the sunshine listening to the music......It was only a 10 second thought though. 😀 Too much to loose!
Well done. These are those little mind games we have to watch for. It's worth it too.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Nancy- this is a place of great support
Congrats on day 64

D
Old 09-08-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are here!
Old 09-08-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done! And well done on the cider decision.

When I finally gave up at the end of 2018, I wasn’t planning to give up forever. Maybe I’d be an occasional drinker I thought. However, it dawned on me (as an alcohol dependent) that any alcohol would reawaken my dormant urges and send me back to day one. I know if I have one beer, I’ll want one the next day and the next. It’s easier to ignore the urges for a few minutes than to go through those withdrawal weeks all over again 🙂
Old 09-08-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, this place is amazing. Check in if you feel like you're giving in to those silly cider thoughts 😉. 64 days is great.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning and welcome. But first congrats on 64 days .that is super awesome. I too had that thinking that with a little sober time under our belt that it be ok to booze in moderation. Well I am a numbers guy. So I did some digging and read around other sites as well as my flagship. SR and the numbers are not good. The odds are stacked against me. Nearly everyone who tried it failed. And me knowing how I am know I would fall into that statistic. That being said . I prefer to stay on the up and up and not booze at all. Not a bad choice in my book. I have 127 days of it already. And that in itself is a blessing. And my gratitude for this blessing is I share what my life is like now. In the hopes the lurker out there decides to come to the sober side where the grass is definitely greener. I know it is not an easy choice to make. And everybody has a different bottom. But lets keep it real. This disease is real .dont know where I was going with this being I was just going to say congrats lol. But I am so happy for you or anyone with any sober time. ✌
Old 09-08-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Nancy!! 64 days is an awesome foundation.