Notices

back to day one :(

Old 09-05-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to day one :(

yesterday was suppose to be 3 weeks of being sober but I ended up using a couple days ago and today I took my last pill and I’m freaking out about going threw the withdrawals again and thinking I’m going to keep replacing. I’m completely on edge knowing I have to sit in a meeting for 5 hours on Saturday and that will
be day 2 I’m sure I’ll have the worst cold sweats and feel so bad I feel like quitting my job but I’ll lose everything I’ve worked so hard for. I feel like a failure like I couldn’t just stay sober and I regret it because it’s done nothing but make me feel like complete **** I actually enjoyed being sober and getting into a routine everyday and I broke that and not sure it I can get it back again:
Old 09-05-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the withdrawal won't be too bad - you can get through this Jj...just like you did before...and this time you can work on making those changes permanent

D
Old 09-05-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, take it easy. It’s not Saturday yet. Worry about Saturday when it comes. And when it comes, you can make it. Ok, MAYBE you’ll have cold sweats and maybe even be miserable. You can get through it by breaking it up into chunks. You don’t have to do 5 hours at once. Try 15 minutes. Then go to the bathroom. Then go another 30 minutes. If you have to maybe say you have an appointment and leave 30 minutes early. But ask as soon as you get there.

And don’t quit. This is going to be a very hard time for you, but it won’t last forever and you can tackle it one day at a time. Can you get through today without using? That should be your sole focus. Get through today. Come back and post tomorrow and we’ll deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

You can do this!!
Old 09-05-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand your concern about Saturday, but the best thing you can do now is focus on today and tomorrow. It might help to drink a lot of water, etc., to clean out your system. Eat something even if you are not hungry. Hot showers or sitting in a hot bath tub might also help to clean out your system and reduce the cold sweats. Sleep as much as you can. Good luck. John
Old 09-05-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. I feel you. But tomorrow is a new day. Let's do this.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand you 100%.

But...the suffering you will endure if you keep using will be exponentially greater than the suffering you'll experience momentarily when you stop. You even said it, you enjoyed sobriety. Do not give it up, fight for it.

Don't beat yourself up about it anymore, meditate on it, move forward and get back to feeling good! I am rooting for you!
Old 09-06-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank y’all for being here. Here goes day one 🙏🏼