having a wonderful time

Old 09-04-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

having a wonderful time

[img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/82f109c2-85e1-4c06-b8ce-8ab1fc3d6542
having a wonderful time of peace at the coast. Staying a while more. Wish you were here. Love, dazed. ❤️

[img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/ae487106-f8a5-4eb0-b264-971bac10b72d[/img]
Old 09-04-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Guess I can’t post the picture. It says: in my story the princess saved herself, lives in her own castle, making her own damn money and taking care of herself.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay! Sounds like my kind of happy ending too.

I have my little farm I'm paying off myself. The lake house is a kind of "bonus" sweat equity project, which I see more as my spouse's place while the farm is where my roots are.

The lake house was just a fishing hang out place when his parent's bought it thirty five years ago, with my husband's agreement to redesign and build it on a shoestring. He did that and parents enjoyed for thirty years.

After they got too old to really manage in the sticks without many services, it didn't move on the market for two years in part due to no real upkeep or updating for that full thirty years, his mother-in-law gave us a deal we couldn't refuse for it to stay in the family.

Since hubs did all original work, we took it on as a long-term retirement place / project for ourselves and he loves it there so much I can barely get him back to the farm. That's OK with me though, as I really like being alone and my own company. . .

I love to be at the lake, but really my roots are in this farm--a bare piece of forested land we bought twenty five years ago, and have built a 2/3 finished house (ran out of money and other problesm) which still heats only with wood and we have a well for water.

This is my castle, and I love it so. I am determined to finish and fix it in the next two years before I retire. I defend it and love it, just like you do your place DC.

How are things going? Rest and painting I hope. I've been thinking of you and sending good wishes to you and AH, that things remain peaceful and kind and that he stays in recovery.

I'm off for a 10 hour day soon, so you may not hear back from me for awhile
Old 09-04-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Yay! Sounds like my kind of happy ending too.

I have my little farm I'm paying off myself. The lake house is a kind of "bonus" sweat equity project, which I see more as my spouse's place while the farm is where my roots are.

The lake house was just a fishing hang out place when his parent's bought it thirty five years ago, with my husband's agreement to redesign and build it on a shoestring. He did that and parents enjoyed for thirty years.

After they got too old to really manage in the sticks without many services, it didn't move on the market for two years in part due to no real upkeep or updating for that full thirty years, his mother-in-law gave us a deal we couldn't refuse for it to stay in the family.

Since hubs did all original work, we took it on as a long-term retirement place / project for ourselves and he loves it there so much I can barely get him back to the farm. That's OK with me though, as I really like being alone and my own company. . .

I love to be at the lake, but really my roots are in this farm--a bare piece of forested land we bought twenty five years ago, and have built a 2/3 finished house (ran out of money and other problesm) which still heats only with wood and we have a well for water.

This is my castle, and I love it so. I am determined to finish and fix it in the next two years before I retire. I defend it and love it, just like you do your place DC.

How are things going? Rest and painting I hope. I've been thinking of you and sending good wishes to you and AH, that things remain peaceful and kind and that he stays in recovery.

I'm off for a 10 hour day soon, so you may not hear back from me for awhile
a richly deserved well lived life it sounds like hawk. I’ve heard that in order to maintain sanity, one must have “pace” and “space”. A pace that is livable and enough space to feel free. Sounds like you are blessed with both. AH continues to attend his rehab even tho counselor said he would write him complete. He started up his job again and said to me “ you have been very generous considering everything I’ve put you thru”. He installed a new mantle that I purchased over the fireplace while I am gone and is preparing to leave. I might have to give him a week or so to complete stuff but he is going to pay me. I’m at a little cottage on the coast. Walking, painting, cooking....but most surprisingly talking! People see me and are simply lovely. Conversations make me laugh, and one man showed “interest”! Ha! I’m not interested in the least, but it was a nice compliment. I’m glad you are well. I’m staying here til the end of sept. Will check in occasionally. Hugs....❤️
Old 09-04-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a very good happy ending. Keep looking after yourself and let only happiness fill your life. You have been through too much deserve anything less.