I’m struggling big time

Old 09-03-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I’m struggling big time

I can’t get back to day one
Old 09-03-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that mummyto2, but I'm glad you got back here.

Is there anything you're prepared to do now that you weren't before - like AA maybe or some other meeting based group?

got to be worth a shot, surely?

D
Old 09-03-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Being stuck in that cycle feels frustratingly impossible to get out of. But it is possible otherwise we would all still be there.

For me drinking was no longer pleasurable in any shape or form yet still I drank. I became more and more desperate. I pleaded for help here there and everywhere...

But I forgot to ask myself.

That was where the answer lay. Hard work, hard exercise, discomfort and tears.

It is there within you Mummy, you just gotta find it.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’m trying to get a car and get to aa I’m hopeless
Old 09-03-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noones hopeless - but drinking makes us think we are.

Do all you can to make today day one - even if you have to stay on SR and post all day.

D
Old 09-03-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey Mummy,

Good for you taking the first step toward the way back. I was in that lost place only four weeks ago and found that I needed to take really drastic action; detox. You may not need anything that drastic, I dunno. But what actions are you willing to take, even if they'll be hard?

You can definitely do this!

O
Old 09-03-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Oh! I just saw you're going to get to AA. Maybe try not to make this contingent on getting a car? Could you call up your local chapter and see if someone might be able to give you a lift?
Old 09-03-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

I'm in the same boat, had 45 days sober, felt good, everything was on the up and up. Then, a 3 day weekend and have to reboot. It's frustrating and exhausting, but got to summon the strength to move ahead.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Mummy2two,

Before I made my first post here I read something you posted, this would of been around 2 months ago now.
At the time I took no notice of it but somehow it had slipped into my memory banks and came back after I had started my sober journey, Probably within the first day of soberness to be honest.

I guess if something you said gave me the spark and energy to stop drinking (and I was drinking to die) then you do possess the power to make it through day 1 for yourself.

I don't know how many people you have helped here to stop drinking but you are part of the reason I managed to find my way through day 1. Now all you need to do is apply that same energy to yourself and keep posting here every single day with your progress.

You've got day1 under your belt as soon as you realise you do have the power and trust in it!
Old 09-03-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you your all helping more than you know x
Old 09-03-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m still drinking wine
Old 09-03-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good to "see" you, Mummy.

You know the drill. I hope you'll pour out the wine, drink some water, get something to eat and go to bed.

The best time to stop is right now.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're still deciding to drink, but it's good to sde you back here. Our paths were intwined in sobriety for a while - we share many reasons to quit together.

Hoping you can finally decide to put down the booze for good, forever.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning. Sorry you are going thru what your going thru. Trust me I know the feeling. Just seems like the ball and chain is getting heavier. But listen its all in your head and heart. You are sick heck we all are. Booze has that kind of power. So you have to figure out who has more power....that part you really have to figure out. For me it was my higher power hands down. Heck I'm at 122 days now. I know I couldn't do it.get my drift. So lets give sobriety a try. Starting now. ✌
Old 09-03-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AA member

Call the AA helpline,they may be able to get someone to come and see you.

A friend of mine had someone from AA drive two hours to see her.Although there were no English speaking meetings near her.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
I’m still drinking wine
At some point though you wont be, maybe that point will be when you fall asleep.
I've never met anybody yet who hasn't fell asleep, and just like smoking I don't know anybody who wakes up constantly through the night every 10 minutes smoking or drinking.

Normally a few hours pass whilst asleep and in them few hours we are all non drinkers, non smokers, non drug addicts, non gamblers, non anything in fact.

Quite a strange occurrence and one well worth remembering when you wake up tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you're drinking Mummyto2. I am personally not experienced with AA, but I'm sure it's worth a try if what you've done so far hasn't worked for you . We all really deserve to be happy and free of this horrible addiction. You may find that a group of people facing the same struggles as you might make you feel less hopeless. Don't beat yourself up too much about drinking this time, but DO find a way to make sure this doesn't happen to you again.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

I've always been for weaning, but the healing doesn't truly start until after the last sip. It will be uncomfortable at some point, but when you envision how you will feel after a few days, it's something to look forward to.

I hope you slowly get through that wine, and decide you've had enough - for a lifetime!
Old 09-03-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mummy, I hope that you decide to stop drinking today.

And, I hope you do whatever it takes to get to the AA meeting or whatever helps you to get and stay sober.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My take is a little more extreme.

So you’re drinking today? That’s ok. Maybe you’ll drink tomorrow and the next day. That’s ok too. But do you really want to? I mean, whether you stop drinking today or in 3 or 10 more days doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. But you sound kind of miserable drinking, so why continue? If you were having a great time and really living your best life then by all means you should just keep on a drinking! But the truth is you’re not living your best life. You sound sad, lonely and isolated. Your mood is suffering and probably your heath. Are you really getting out of that bottle what you want? Don’t put it down because you have to, or because we want you to. Put it down because you want to. Because you want to be done feeling like this. Because you want to recover and have clear headed mornings. Because you’re sick of living with guilt and shame. Put down the bottle because that’s what YOU want.

One thing that you CAN DO RIGHT NOW is to get on YouTube and look up: ‘Bob D. - AA Speakers - Surrender’. It would be perfect for you at this moment. Even if you’re still drinking.

I wish you the absolutely best and can’t wait until you post again.