Update 2

Old 09-02-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update 2

So....on my way home and got a note from AH letting me know he purchased and drank a pint. Told me he feels terrible about himself and has no excuse. He said he did not want me to come home and get upset. Said he is going to meeting at 715 and plans to come clean to his sponsor after the meeting. He said his intention was not to upset me but trying to be accountable and honest. He has never told the truth before this. Not really the accountability i wanted (like accountability for where you are to build trust is what i was meaning). I can’t be mad because i realize he is sick and this is not what he wants. I am not going to react badly because he is home and safe and not hurting anyone but himself. I am going to keep my side of the street clean and let him manage this with the help of aa and his sponsor. I pray for him that he can get it together. And i will still have my plan to move on if he can’t. It is all i can do. I love him and want him to beat this demon but my first priority needs to be my life and my sanity.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well he was right about one thing he texted to you:

"He said he understands that he can’t drink or i will not be with him. He said he understands that he has said this 1000 times and that i have no reason to believe him".

So he did exactly what he always does but confessed.

Now he is off to his "meeting".
Old 09-02-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trailmix plan is still in place he fully understands I won’t stay if he continues. No change in that. The meeting is 715 am. He is home sleeping.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I do believe you are going to stand strong.

I think it's just terrible though for someone to keep breaking a promise over and over. It's hurtful to you I'm sure.

Addiction sucks.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Addiction does suck. And i know it is only a day or two, but i do not see any difference in anything. Same behaviors. Lying. Making it like i am the crazy one. Doing things that he knows i will not like. Already not doing anything he says. I already know i will end up giving notice and moving out. It is just sickening.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A day or two is plenty of time to take steps.

Words really are meaningless when it comes to addiction. Actions are the only thing you can believe in.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your pain Laur12. Getting promises to change and the A doesn't follow through with them is heartbreaking. You get you hope up that this time will be different and that they will change. I agree with Trailmix "Stay strong" We are here for you.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to u both ❤️
Old 09-04-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope isn't a plan unfortunately. It sounds to me like he might not yet really be done. Please prepare accordingly, and in case he is REALLY done, you will have a happy surprise.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Laur….in case you have not consulted with a lawyer.....which I suggest that you will need to do...because you will need to know your rights (and his rights , too)..in order to look out for yourself.
I am giving you the following link to a website which can help you to organize your thoughts, before you talk to a lawyer.....
It is arranged by state....

www.womansdivorce.com
Old 09-04-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dandylion thank you. We have already agreed to do an agreement with a friend who is a lawyer. I am not really worries about that. We do not own property jointly and we have no kids together (they are his).

Hawkeye. Thank you. I do have hope but that is not my plan. I want to be pleasantly surprised but i am a realist.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
A day or two is plenty of time to take steps.

Words really are meaningless when it comes to addiction. Actions are the only thing you can believe in.
so very true!
Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just be sure to look after yourself and stay positive. You are what comes first. Take a walk, listen to some good music, make some tea or coffee. Anything to help keep your head clear and heart at peace.