Notices

Hello

Old 09-02-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello and happy labor day fam. I am up a little early today. Been sleeping ok. But it has been choppy. Few hours here and there. But the key for me is I fall asleep. So I get the full cycle of sleep. 121 days ago well I thought it was sleep. It wasn't I was passed out from boozing . would have to wake up cause my body was dependant on booze so I fixed ne with a shot or couple of beers. Looking back made me think. Wow this is what my life consist of? How pathetic. But it wasnt me it was the disease that monkey. So now I had to bodyslam that monkey and get him off my back. Once I did that now I had to figure how to keep him off my back. This is where you folks come in. Me reading and posting has become a part of me. You all are my crutch per se. I know I am not alone. That there is folks out there that are just as sick as me. So for you lurkers out there on the fence. Or have the sick and tired feeling. Or are scared to pull the trigger and get sober and well. Give sobriety a chance. Yes its scary I'll be the first to tell you. But if you want to get well and enjoy life take that first step. Surrender. I promise a power greater than you will pull you thru. Just have to ask. Be honest with yourself . if you are reading this odds are you already know you might have a problem. Fam look real talk. I am truly blessed to be sober 121 days today. Well I'll be back. My coffee should be done brewing . I hope I didnt bore you with this. But I want to share my experience with you all. Just to say that there is hope fam. ✌
Old 09-02-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

grats on 121 days

D
Old 09-02-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, SR nicely put.
Congratulations on your sober time, and it's great to have you here.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great Job SR! Surrender is right. We can control many things but not the sauce! Once you understand that, things fall into place.

You are doing the hard work, enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 09-02-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, a sober labor day feels great.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really hope you make it man. You seems to really enjoy not only being sober, but the whole process of recovery. You are one of the most active people I’ve seen in your recovery. You post daily, you’re self reflective, you are a great example and advocate for sobriety. Have a great day and keep it up.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your time! Sometimes we don't see the real rewards for quite some time. But in the little things we can see something we never saw drunk.

Ananda … posing as Ananada1 till I can get it straightened out. takes 15 posts....
Old 09-02-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey you all much gratitude for the comments but just know that what I'm sharing is real like live post. I'm not just doing the talk feel me. So yeah its exciting to me of the unknown. In sobriety. But I am curious we all are . or want to be . I study it read about it saturate my head with it. Leaving no room for the stinky thinking. . I dont consider it a chore if you will but yes you got to put the work into it. And wow I feel blessed. ✌
Old 09-02-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We're blessed to have your wisdom and positivity here, SoberRican. I get that this is a family here--and we all understand what is impossible to convey to the 'normal' person about this disease; they can't possibly get it, but we all don't have to explain the insanity, guilt, shame and despair. You're a bright light here, and in helping yourself you're helping a lot of other people along the way.