Notices

How lucky we are

Old 08-31-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How lucky we are

Despite the chaos of active alcoholism, despite the hundreds and more occasions making a complete fool of myself, despite ruining parties and hiking trips, despite reckless and dangerous behaviour, despite utter despair, despite flirting with very serious health issues, despite not giving a damn, despite wanting to give up, despite not caring and using people, despite being intent to self-destruct I got another chance at this thing called life.

Many people find themselves in traps that they are unable to get out of. The alcoholic can.

It is such a privilege to be able to create a new and better reality. I know sobriety is difficult and recovery is hard work but then again, so is just about everything really worth having.

I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but I do know I will do my utmost to hang onto this.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good post Callas.

Knowing that not drinking was the hardest thing I have ever done gives me a kind of confidence boost to my day to day life too I think. One small thing the recovering alcoholic has over the non addicted.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A privilege indeed. Great post!
Old 08-31-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The internet saved my good life.

Without it i would have not found sr.

Sr educated me. Without that i was doomed to relapse unknowingly until i was fully insane or physically destroyed.

I am still healing.

I know a little drink here and there is 100% guaranteed to turn into a worse state of addiction then where i was.

Folk s in AA and here have written and talked about it since my day 1. I unknowingly had hundreds of day 1s.

I am fully kindled and suffer from paws and ptsd. I accept this. My inability to cope with lifehas been altered by decades of booze self medication.

Thank God those days are over.

I will never never ever ever poison myself with booze again.

Amen.

Thanks.