Notices

Day 6 and first sober Sat morning in forever!

Old 08-31-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and first sober Sat morning in forever!

Last night was the first Friday night in a long time I didn't drink. Not sure what I thought it would be like, but it wasn't too bad. I had to come here a few times and just READ.

My hubby knew I wasn't going to drink. He came home and asked my permission if he could have a beer, lol. I knew he would and told him it was OK. In my mind I was relieved he's not a wine drinker b/c that would have been harder.

I found I needed snacks or something to do with my hands/mouth instead of drinking. So as we watched TV, I grabbed pistachios that I had to work thru... I even grabbed a tooth flosser to work around my teeth. And then theres low sugar popsicles and of course the keyboard for SR.

My AV was talking to me for sure. But I kept coming back to the thought of what a morning would be like after a night of drinking. NO GOOD. I thought about how drinking is only "fun" for the first drink or so and then it's just a free for all of how much I can drink before passing out. Then I fast forwarded to the entire day after drinking. No energy, guilt and shame, cravings for bad foods and a nasty attitude toward my family. They deserve better.

The first thing I said to myself when I woke up today was "I'm so glad I didn't drink last night".

This takes discipline and a plan. The mindset has to be I'm just NOT going to drink and then you have to follow it up with the HOW not to drink. How to stay quit. I'm loading up on resources (books, podcasts, friends, therapist), but nothing about this will come easy.

I'm rooting for all my SR friends this weekend, even if you drank last night. Every morning is a new day. A new opportunity to make your life great or just allow ourselves to dig a deeper pit. Hugs to everyone!
Old 08-31-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good work, Fit. Sounds like you had a good plan to overcome the AV. Enjoy your hangover-free, sober Saturday.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You did wonderful! iUse that memory of the horrible mornings as much as you can. Then slowly but surely add in other tools to keep you on your path. Think about your health, your self respect. Set some goals or make plans in the morning. Reward yourself for nights of sobriety. And stay in the present. Don’t ask yourself if you can really go the rest of your life without drinking. Ask if you can make it today.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job thats the business right there.coming up with a master plan feel me. Thats what I'm doing for this weekend bust out my tool box. I got 119 days under my belt and I want to keep the fire goin. ✌
Old 08-31-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good stuff Fit. The mornings never get old. Keep it moving. Keep us posted.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great achievement FD

D