Notices

Sober 36 days today!

Old 08-25-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober 36 days today!

My ex Showed up at my house the other night at like 1:40 am drunk AF. Stumbling and not making any sense. He said he missed me then tried to take a kitten! and then was like sorry I'm bothering you I'll leave and so he left. I didn't try to stop him, but I'm so against drinking and driving! Then he was texting me until 5 am that he was sleeping in a field etc and that he would leave me alone and just saying weird stuff. He said he was hoping I’d ask him to stay and come back. I never seen him so drunk. I want to know what the hell goes through a mans head to do that kind of stuff? The hole reason we stoped dating is because of my “drinking issue” and then he shows up wasted!? I just need advice! I love him. We kind of broke it off a week ago, but I texted him Thursday asking for a fresh start and no response. He just showed up Saturday am drunk! We were together a year. I just wonder if he really misses me! I haven’t heard from him since yesterday at 5 am. Telling me he’d leave me alone and sorry for bothering me! I sent back a text saying “I really want to work on this relationship. We should be celebrating being together a year, not ignoring each other! I really want to start over with you. Make a fresh new start. I hope you want that too. Just let me know.
Ps: Hope you're ok.”
but nothing! I am not going to chase him etc but this hurts my heart! Maybe he has more of a drinking problem then I realize. He has showed up in the past drunk at my house and my work before. I just don’t understand why he isn’t responding! A few weeks ago he wanted me as a “wife”. Maybe he’s hurt? I’m hurt too but I refuse to lose my sobriety. I will never drink again! Any advice would be great! Thank you!
Old 08-25-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dangerous situation for your sobriety. The only I advice I have is patience. I’ve been in this position many times and felt like I needed to solve it immediately. Take some time. Give him space, give yourself space. Usually if a relationship is on the rocks, it is for a reason. Time to do some reflecting.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gurra - I agree he's probably not someone you need in your life right now.

I know you have feelings for the guy and you don;t wnat to see him hrt but it's his life choices. Don't let them impact on yours.

good for you for letting him go.

Your recovery is precious - it needs to be protected and cherished.

D
Old 08-25-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My suggestion would be to look out for numero uno. (You). He got issues . you have yours . take care of yours. Just sayin
Old 08-25-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 36 days!

Stay away from this person!
Old 08-25-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job heres a chip for you

Old 08-25-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nicely done on 36 days!

From my experience, that sounds like a lot of drama to deal with when you're newly sober. Maybe if you both sober up and you still are interested (give it at least a year of sobriety), then you can reconsider?

I know that the kind of men I was interested in when I was drinking turned out to be very different than when I was sober.

Focus on yourself. Why chase after anyone?
Best wishes to you.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I ended up texting him “hello” on my iPhone with some ridiculously funny slam effect that had hellos going all over the screen and “are you alive?” But I got nothing! And then sent one a few hours later that said

“Honestly, I just want to know that you are OK. You were really drunk when you showed up at my house Saturday morning. You tried to take a kitten. I am not sure if you even remember anything! I have never seen you so drunk before. You texted me that you were going to sleep in a field! I am okay with whatever happens. I understand now why this breakup happened. I am texting you because I seriously just want to know that you are ok and not in a ditch somewhere...”

I will leave it at that and give him his space. Just sad because he was literally there for me every time I needed him during my *drunk* episodes this past year...
Old 08-25-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He broke up with you because of a drinking issue? 36 days is shaky territory to be worrying about all this relationship stuff...and I KNOW because I am 31 days and still going back and fourth with my x of 2.5 years.....we were together 3 years...

Its really a "threat" to my sobriety because I get so anxious. Yes, he MISSES YOU....he told you that when he came over drunk....

If I were you thou...I would keep my distance even if just for a couple of more days....focus back on your sobriety...and how you got to 36 days...and how you don't need to beg him to work on the relationship right now.....you (like me) have to do a little work on your stability....of being sober....before you involve yourself in toxic chaos....

He isn't in a good place...You are getting yourself into a good place...don't lose focus on the good you are doing for yourself right now....
Old 08-25-2019, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd suggest going 'no contact' with him. He sounds like he's got issues and you've got your new sobriety to deal with. Let him go and make a good life for yourself.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
He broke up with you because of a drinking issue? 36 days is shaky territory to be worrying about all this relationship stuff...and I KNOW because I am 31 days and still going back and fourth with my x of 2.5 years.....we were together 3 years...

Its really a "threat" to my sobriety because I get so anxious. Yes, he MISSES YOU....he told you that when he came over drunk....

If I were you thou...I would keep my distance even if just for a couple of more days....focus back on your sobriety...and how you got to 36 days...and how you don't need to beg him to work on the relationship right now.....you (like me) have to do a little work on your stability....of being sober....before you involve yourself in toxic chaos....

He isn't in a good place...You are getting yourself into a good place...don't lose focus on the good you are doing for yourself right now....

Hi! thanks so much. I don’t even know if we officially broke up last Sunday. Lol. He came to my work last Saturday and visited. Everything was ok..he sent a text asking if it felt weird between us and I said YEP. (I had been telling him this for a week and he would always say no it doesn’t!) he then said maybe we should just be friends so I said no I care about you more than that and he said he still cares about me too, then said he was concerned about my drinking and if I’d go back etc and I told him I don’t want to go back ever. I ended up getting pissed and just said it was kinda fun while it lasted and then he said what does that mean?! I didn’t text him back till Thursday, got no response and then he showed up drunk Saturday am!

you're absolutely right tho, I don’t need this bologna in my life right now. I am in a good place and obviously he is not! I’m sure he was on a bender all week long. I can’t help him, I can only help myself, I just wanted to know if he was OK after leaving my house is all. I still hope he responds however!
Old 08-25-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gurrra View Post

Hi! thanks so much. I don’t even know if we officially broke up last Sunday. Lol. He came to my work last Saturday and visited. Everything was ok..he sent a text asking if it felt weird between us and I said YEP. (I had been telling him this for a week and he would always say no it doesn’t!) he then said maybe we should just be friends so I said no I care about you more than that and he said he still cares about me too, then said he was concerned about my drinking and if I’d go back etc and I told him I don’t want to go back ever. I ended up getting pissed and just said it was kinda fun while it lasted and then he said what does that mean?! I didn’t text him back till Thursday, got no response and then he showed up drunk Saturday am!

you're absolutely right tho, I don’t need this bologna in my life right now. I am in a good place and obviously he is not! I’m sure he was on a bender all week long. I can’t help him, I can only help myself, I just wanted to know if he was OK after leaving my house is all. I still hope he responds however!
And good-luck with your sobriety!
Old 08-26-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Gurra..you are doing the right thing...you have to put yourself first...I think you just want to hear from him because honestly it can be terrifying to be alone after having a relationship with someone..you are literally withdrawing from alcohol and HIM.....

You said it...he is not in a good place right now and you are...so hold on to your place...maybe he will catch up one day...but if he doesn't you will still have you and you will feel stronger and better than ever before if you can get by this.