Notices

H. O. W.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

H. O. W.

The three principles of all the anonymous groups. Honestly, open mindedness and willingness.

Before you can surrender you have to be honest with your usage, even if it’s not your initial drug of choice (learning from experience). Then you have to be honest to those around you. And honest with yourself that it’s becoming a problem, because as addicts, using always leads to a problem.

Once your got your honesty out of the way, you need to open your mind to new things. To change, to acceptance. Open your mind to a new way of life, open your mind to boundaries and learning to say no. Open your mind to different things, places and activities. Open to the fact addiction is a disease and there is no cure other than to be mindful of TODAY and not pick up that first drug.

Once you’ve become honest, opened your mind the last step is to become willing. Willing to change your life, now. Willing to be scared, and confused and emotional.

I have been having major problems applying the HOW principle. I am in denial mode, thinking it’s not a problem.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Recoveringlife.

Honesty, open-mindedness and willingness are not my strong points either. The anonymity of the forum helps me with this a bit. Seeing other people's honesty on here helps me be a little more honest with myself too. It is a work in progress.

I wholeheartedly recommend sticking around this forum.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love this....
Old 08-24-2019, 10:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Recoveringlife! I'm glad you found us here.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. Well you 'intellectually' grasp what you need to do. What if you were to change all the 'you's and yours' to 'I' statements? You write as if you are separate from what we have to do.

Acceptance is where you are. That is of course about honesty. And honesty starts with self.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love this 💕 HOW sounds very positive, thank you for sharing.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Everything is a problem from the moment you are born, I guess it's how you deal with that problem internally that really matters.
The amount of times I have thought something was a massive problem only to tell somebody else and them say 'that's not a problem, this is a problem' and then go on to tell me something about there problem that I didn't think was a problem either Lol...

Am I making any sense?
Old 08-25-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by recoveringlife View Post
The three principles of all the anonymous groups. Honestly, open mindedness and willingness.

Before you can surrender you have to be honest with your usage, even if it’s not your initial drug of choice (learning from experience). Then you have to be honest to those around you. And honest with yourself that it’s becoming a problem, because as addicts, using always leads to a problem.

Once your got your honesty out of the way, you need to open your mind to new things. To change, to acceptance. Open your mind to a new way of life, open your mind to boundaries and learning to say no. Open your mind to different things, places and activities. Open to the fact addiction is a disease and there is no cure other than to be mindful of TODAY and not pick up that first drug.

Once you’ve become honest, opened your mind the last step is to become willing. Willing to change your life, now. Willing to be scared, and confused and emotional.

I have been having major problems applying the HOW principle. I am in denial mode, thinking it’s not a problem.
Good stuffs thanks for sharing !!
Acceptance and open mind to change is key for me.I am honest though.
Yes no healing begins in denial mode.
Let's accept all first and be neutral .We cant go up without a neutral mindset..
take care guys !!
Old 08-25-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR recoveringlife

D