Notices

Sorry

Old 08-24-2019, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation Sorry

Regarding the couple with sex addiction.
It turned out they were not in recovery, or at least not as as we know it.

I apologise to those whose posts I removed - not because I feel I did the wrong thing in removing them - but because your radar turned out better than mine today.

I want to be fair to everyone who comes here to SR and sometimes people will take advantage of that.

I'd still rather give the benefit of the doubt to newcomers tho - I don't want any genuine people who are legit seeking help to feel unwelcome here.

If people do break a rule, we'll act swiftly, as I did here.

If it means I have a little egg on my face for trying to give new people a decent go, I'm ok with that too

With that in mind, tho, I'd ask you guys - if there's a new user who for whatever reason doesn't seem right to you - report the post don't post your doubts in the thread - that just makes more work for me and the other mods/admin.

It might also put off genuine posters looking for help here, which would be the worst possible of all outcomes.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 08-24-2019, 01:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You do a great job, Dee, as do all the other forum admin.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Thanks, Dee.
I think egg wash is supposed to be good as a face wash? Anyhow, you look sparkly clean to me.

Your reminder to notify a mod with concerns is well-timed; it's an easy thing to forget.

I appreciate you!
O
Old 08-24-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for all you do here man. You’ve been a staple for the decade that I’ve been using SR and you’re a great example of what solid recovery looks like and an inspiration 🙏
Old 08-24-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did anyone else see the pic before it was removed?? 🍆🤣🤣

I read their posts and I felt like well you may have a sex addiction but it doesnt sound like it's a problem and then I thought these must be trolls. And I just felt sorry for whomever was behind it because they obviously have nothing better to do and there is such a big wide world out there!!.

However I have to say Dee that you handled it very professionally so no need for egg on your face, kudos to you.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't start this thread for back slaps but thanks

I didn't start it for further discussion of the thread that was removed either.

I felt that some were not pleased with the way I handled it and this gives them a chance to vent, I guess.

D
Old 08-24-2019, 02:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I appreciate all you do Dee and understand how difficult it can be to asses newcomers and not frighten them away if they do indeed need help. My only observation would be that this site caters for substance abuse and promotes abstinence , wether that be drugs, prescription meds or alcohol so I feel the post would have been best removed as soon as it went up. They clearly stated they were happy with their non substance related addiction and were not looking to abstain. No different to other users posts who have been removed here who have said they drink and are happy to keep drinking and that moderation is possible or promote the use of any substance. The subject may be different but the motive is the same which opposes everything SR stands for.

I am not going to mock them as whilst their lifestyle is not my cup of tea, each to their own. If you are not hurting anyone or yourself then it’s not my place to judge. They are human beings after all and mocking, humiliating or just being downright rude about or to them is simply unkind. I wish them well and hope they find a community that is right for them x
Old 08-24-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dear Dee - Not wanting to add unwanted back slaps but I have to say that you do an important and tricky job really well.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dee, you keep it all on an even keel here at SR with decency, kindness, honesty and good humor. It is greatly appreciated, and it's okay to get well-deserved kudos. Thank you!
Old 08-24-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good call Dee. It was definitely out of place on this forum, not to mention bizarre.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks everyone - input taken on board

There was a weird energy yesterday on the site, or so it seemed to me.
I thought this thread might help dispel that.

It was never my intent to run this thread for ever tho - PM me of course if you have any other things to say.

I think it's time to get back to helping others and focusing on our own recovery

Forward we go...

D