Notices

Nearly cracked today

Old 08-19-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nearly cracked today

I really really need to go to a meeting or to give myself a good talking too...same thing today my cravings came strong and hard and on top of that I had severe toothache...I have to have wisdom teeth out that are impacted and the pain is unreal I couldn't cope and begged my partner to go and get me vodka...it's sad but when I had toothache my mum used to tell me to hold neat alcohol on it and it would numb it but alcohol numbs everything as we know...anyway I was really suffering with everything in general and cried and begged him to get me a drink. ....I'm so grateful for that man tonight he told me to stop looking for an excuse to drink and then went to the shop I got angry and cried hysterically..anyone else in my life who drinks which is everyone lol would have loved me to crack and instantly saw that as a way to drink on my expense...he came home with strong painkillers a magazine and a plant and told me he believes in me and we can do this...he will never know how much that meant this last month I've felt so alone and now I know I can talk to him and there two of us fighting the craving....I don't know I'm just so grateful I've never had anyone like him in my life I convinced myself he was the people but by being honest and breaking down I now have help I'm slowly learning that I don't have to be perfect and to put the love and care I put into other people into me.. I really feel like I've had a breakthrough tonight...
on abother note I have a funeral to attend tomorrow...I know I won't drink there as I have a 2 hour drive home but my mum called me to say when they hand out the champagne tomorrow don't embarrass her and just hold the glass I won't be holding any alcohol...I'm nearly 40 after tonight I need to step away from that relationship whit her whilst I fix myself ...but you can see how much it meant tonight to not be told I'm ridulous I'm hysterical and in making it up and just to have a drink...things I've been told be every family member and every partner I've had...it really is true choose your company wisely anyway wish me luck for tomorrow I hope your all having a great evening 25 days for me 😊❤❤ thanks for listening feels good to get it out
Old 08-19-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a keeper there! Hope tomorrow is okay for you
Old 08-19-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

That's a pretty great guy you have there.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you have a great partner in your life and a relationship worth fighting for. I'm glad you feel a bit less alone now.

And, yes, choose your company wisely and distance yourself from people who upset you.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Your partner is lovely. What a kind, and smart, thing to do.