Notices

Triggers are HARD

Old 08-19-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Triggers are HARD

I have had my first trigger moment today.

I lost my teeth and on top of that earlier in the week I got unfavorable health information.....

I called the place to see how much to replace the teeth (which I eat with) and they said 1063.00. WTH! I really couldn't breathe and felt my blood pressure raise...I felt defeated.

That is when the panic started and the thought came screw this.....I need a drink.

But its not THAT easy when you have almost 60 days....I had to stop and think how that was going to help...but for about 1/2 minute I didn't CARE....I am so pissed off.

Then I called insurance company they cover them 100%!

So if I had done what I would have done in the past and IMMEDIATELY just threw everything down on the ground....and went to liquor store...then I would have been double feeling LOW because they pay for it...So it really isn't AS BIG of a deal as it was originally.

Glad I didn't drink but the anger is not gone and I keep getting fleeting urges but push them away quickly.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job I'm not picking up. See everything happens for a reason and like you said if you would have turned around and drink and then find out that you don't have to pay for it it would have been a double whammy for number one you would have been upset that you drink after 60 days of being clean that would mess my psyche up but again good job one day at a time we are all in this together I have a hundred seven days today
Old 08-19-2019, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They are the worst. Because that is when you submit yet again to just throwing in the towel and drinking to forget.

This is my biggest struggle. I know I am repulsive drunk and actually completely useless. You know you are making a bad thing worse. But it s such a battle not to pick up. The cause of all your misery is also the balm that takes it away albeit momentarily
Old 08-19-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Good job I'm not picking up. See everything happens for a reason and like you said if you would have turned around and drink and then find out that you don't have to pay for it it would have been a double whammy for number one you would have been upset that you drink after 60 days of being clean that would mess my psyche up but again good job one day at a time we are all in this together I have a hundred seven days today
Thanks sober rican….
Old 08-19-2019, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strugglingto View Post
They are the worst. Because that is when you submit yet again to just throwing in the towel and drinking to forget.

This is my biggest struggle. I know I am repulsive drunk and actually completely useless. You know you are making a bad thing worse. But it s such a battle not to pick up. The cause of all your misery is also the balm that takes it away albeit momentarily
Hi..It is the worst..and it makes me mad that I am even thinking about it...so I'm just overall in a bad mood...I need to snap out of it!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Hi..It is the worst..and it makes me mad that I am even thinking about it...so I'm just overall in a bad mood...I need to snap out of it!
You were one of the best supports I found here. Really. Bad mood is fine. I picked up. And kindling. It is worse every time. I was an ass for a week. You can't really apologise. You make a mess. And I did it. AGAIN...
Old 08-19-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I ruled the word trigger out of my vocabulary. The truth was, I drank. Regardless of if, what, when, and so on.

This me doesn't drink, so nothing that happens can "trigger" me.

And whatever you personally call it, what you did is always the right thing: you didn't drink. Good jon.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strugglingto View Post
You were one of the best supports I found here. Really. Bad mood is fine. I picked up. And kindling. It is worse every time. I was an ass for a week. You can't really apologise. You make a mess. And I did it. AGAIN...
Hi Struggling..thank you for saying I am a good supporter...You know how it is...We can do for OTHERS what we CANT do for ourselves..sometimes...I'm good thou....whew!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad the insurance will cover it Missy - good luck with whatever the other health news is too.

D
Old 08-19-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I ruled the word trigger out of my vocabulary. The truth was, I drank. Regardless of if, what, when, and so on.

This me doesn't drink, so nothing that happens can "trigger" me.

And whatever you personally call it, what you did is always the right thing: you didn't drink. Good jon.
Its GOOD to feel this way August and I thought I felt this way also....until today...sometimes these things sneak up on ya...whatever you call them...fleeting urges...etc...they do come about...and its important to have some tools to get thru this stuff.

Today my tools were
SR
My Higher power
Talk therapy