Lawyer Update

Old 08-16-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lawyer Update

Just wanted to pop in with an update after seeing the lawyer today. Of course, things are ultra complicated in this matter. I requested separation of finances and made arrangements for child issues. The separation does cover me in the event of his "long blink" behaviors while maintaining access to his medical insurance until I can get my own. I did ask that a SoberLink be required for him to have the kids on his own (he wont do this anyway but it is nice to have it in writing) and that because he lacks discretion, he will not be allowed to access the children while at school (He has a history of taking them out early to go to the horse races or anything else that he deems important)
I asked for the sheriff to serve the papers because I was afraid. I am taking the kids on a mini-vacation this weekend so we will not be here when he gets served.
Yesterday, he came home from work in a tizzy. He was mad as a bat out of hell about stupid things. I had forgotten to wash the dog bed....but I managed to clean the house, cook dinner, deal with kids, get all of his "collections" out of our entryway (he finds immense value in other people's trash and likes to bring it home for me) and set up his surround sound system. He stomped around, slamming doors (I politely asked him to please close the doors safely) and making rude comments. I went about my business and took myself outside for awhile to water my plants. When I came back in, it was 6:30 and he was crashed out on the couch with his arms crossed like he was pissed even though he was sleeping. He stayed there...didn't move, talk, watch TV until I had already gotten up and had a cup of coffee this morning (he is usually up and showered before my alarm). When he woke up, I said "You slept well." and that was the end of it. He is still mad today....he has no idea what is coming next.

I will update when I get back from vacation!
Have a great weekend friends!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you get some much needed peace this weekend!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oddsunflower, sounds like you have your ducks in a good row! Great idea to get out of town...if he was p-o'd about nothing, then I imagine he won't be too happy once he gets served.

Have fun this weekend with the kiddos!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work! Stay strong. He needs to realize that he can't walk all over you. Didn't wash the dog bed.....jeesh! That kind of manic anger is so disgusting and disturbing. My XAH once threw a tizzy fit in the front yard because 1) he was drunk, and 2) I wasn't holding the ladder "correctly" while he trimmed the evergreen trees. Quite a show for the neighbors, especially when he tried to get off the ladder and fell on his back.

Go have fun with your kids and let him, finally, reap the consequences of his own degenerate behavior. You and your children are better than this life he is creating for you. Create your own healthy, sane, peaceful life and consider seriously whether he belongs in it...or not.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow.. What is it with alcoholics and criticism. Mine never saw the 99 things I did.. Just the 1 thing I didn't get round to.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can the dog go with you?

Sincerely,

Paranoid Dog Lover
Old 08-19-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Can the dog go with you?

Sincerely,

Paranoid Dog Lover
I love this!!! I am a dog Mom through and through and just so ya know, all three puppas got to do a little camping vacay with us! We all had a very nice, quiet (sort of ... this was the first overnight experience in a tent for one of my big, nervous furbabies) campout.

When I came home, I expected chaos. I only got one text (no calls) on Friday to say that "message received" and I was figuring my house would be turned upside down when I got home. Instead, it was sparkly clean (I left in a hurry on Friday so it was a bit of a mess) and dinner was ready. I have no expectations....I know not to do that. He can usually go three or four days before he withdraws so bad that he "has to drink" to do his job. But...for yesterday, I was able to continue with my peace and have positive feelings about my decision.