Notices

Week one

Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week one

I cannot believe that I have reached day 7, but so glad that I have got here.

As well as eating rather than drinking when I get in in the evening, I have also established a better evening 'routine', to help me cope. Planning that food is ready for me, having nice drinks (not alcohol substitutes) to help keep hydrated, no alcohol in the house, coming here to read/post, and I suppose learning that it is OK being alone in the evening and most of all, to let myself relax.

Two things happened yesterday that were also positive. First I went out with a girlfriend for lunch at a garden centre (I have really got into gardening since my husband died), who knows about my struggles, and is supportive. She asked me how much I had been spending on booze per year. When I told she, she was really shocked, but then said think of how many plants I can buy

At the gym last night, I then saw a lady who I haven't seen for years, who I know also has a drink problem. When I first met her, she explained that she couldn't do some of the exercises due to the physical problems alcohol had left her with, but she was now sober. I then saw her a some time later, drunk in the bar, and hadn't seen her since. I have been constantly thinking about her. Worried that something bad might have happened to her. I was delighted to see her last night, sober, and hugged her. She doesn't know that I also struggle, but it was heart warming to see her 'back', and a reminder that this path we all walk is not a straight one, and there are many obstacles on the way.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week badga - and it's great about your friend too!
Old 08-15-2019, 11:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on week 1!
Old 08-16-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey congrats!!!! A week is a great achievement!! And I am continuing to be in awe of the support from friends and family when I open up, if they really love you, they want nothing but the best for you.
And the little miracles of significant people showing up in your life, they will increase in amount and leave you breathless with amazement.

Congrats and keep it up!