Bottom Deflation at Depth

Old 08-08-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bottom Deflation at Depth

My last living qualifier called me tonight. He was my chronic relapsing fiancé for 3 years and I broke it off 9 years ago. He wanted to know if I wanted to sail off with him to the Caribbean with him because he was being evicted from his skid row apartment soon. I hadn’t talked to him for a year when he was dying from sepsis in a hospital last summer.

he was shocked I had no interest in running off to an Island with him! Of course... I would pay and deal with alcoholic mooosh brain (he assured me he only socially drank now).

they are all dead now in their addiction. Dad. My brother. But this guy is like a vampire. He is outliving everybody and defying the odds.

he has been at deaths door at least 9 times. Maybe more. I told him his nickname was No llonger Christopher Robin but Christopher Cat... because he had not 9 but 19 lives.

How mystifying that someone can be blessed with so many deep andnear death experiences with high IQ, good looks, tons of charisma and charm and even spirituality and never get that white light blinding bottom deflation at depth?

so mystifying. So confusing. So heartbreaking. He was a huge love...’maybe my true love... but now ... just a moooosh brain. Dying every so slowly in skid row la. He once was in penthouses charming everyone with his electric smile and sparkling blue eyes.

now he is a zombie... but swears he is sober! Even has an unopened bottle of wine in his skid row apartment! And at one time was an amazing, incredible, sweet man in authentic recovery.

so .... hard to accept. But I have. And I am strong. And I am happy. Despite his choices.

shed a tear... moving on.

Last edited by Hopeworks; 08-08-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Need to ... wrong word
Old 08-08-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow Hopeworks, you really have had so many taken from you by alcoholism.

Your description of your ex-fiance years ago sounds so lovely. So so sad.

You must have put in lots of work to get to where you are. I'm thinking the hard won wisdom comes with a bit of sadness as we all know the future for this once beautiful person.

Big hug.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopeworks View Post
My last living qualifier called me tonight. He was my chronic relapsing fiancé for 3 years and I broke it off 9 years ago. He wanted to know if I wanted to sail off with him to the Caribbean with him because he was being evicted from his skid row apartment soon. I hadn’t talked to him for a year when he was dying from sepsis in a hospital last summer.

he was shocked I had no interest in running off to an Island with him! Of course... I would pay and deal with alcoholic mooosh brain (he assured me he only socially drank now).

they are all dead now in their addiction. Dad. My brother. But this guy is like a vampire. He is outliving everybody and defying the odds.

he has been at deaths door at least 9 times. Maybe more. I told him his nickname was No llonger Christopher Robin but Christopher Cat... because he had not 9 but 19 lives.

How mystifying that someone can be blessed with so many deep andnear death experiences with high IQ, good looks, tons of charisma and charm and even spirituality and never get that white light blinding bottom deflation at depth?

so mystifying. So confusing. So heartbreaking. He was a huge love...’maybe my true love... but now ... just a moooosh brain. Dying every so slowly in skid row la. He once was in penthouses charming everyone with his electric smile and sparkling blue eyes.

now he is a zombie... but swears he is sober! Even has an unopened bottle of wine in his skid row apartment! And at one time was an amazing, incredible, sweet man in authentic recovery.

so .... hard to accept. But I have. And I am strong. And I am happy. Despite his choices.

shed a tear... moving on.

you have described my AH. Divorce papers imminent. He too was the true love of my life, he’s trying right now to recover from his chronic binges which are just horrible, but I don’t trust it anymore. Thank you for your post. It’s reality and what it is. Hugs.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello hopeworks,

The grandiose and completely delusional plans...my stepson has those, too. I'm sorry you had this encounter -- such a waste of what could have been a wonderful life.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopeworks I am glad you have moved on and found peace.
Yours was one of the first stories I followed when I joined SR, and I will never forget it.

I encourage members who don't know your story to look back at your threads to see how bad life can get with an active chronic A, and also how one can learn to set boundaries, grow, and reclaim their life with grace and humor as you did.

I'm sorry he never found recovery. I kinda hoped he would and you guys would meet on that island for a date as you had once planned. Alcohol is a deadly enemy.

Best to you always HW