Balance, renewal and rejuvenation

Old 08-03-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Balance, renewal and rejuvenation

balance - mental or emotional stability

renewal - the act of renewing or state of being renewed

renew - to make new or as if new again; make young, fresh, or strong again; bring back into good condition

rejuvenation - to restore or reacquire a youthful or new appearance

Dealing with alcoholism, addictions and family dysfunction are inherently very stressful, whether we pause to recognize that or not. Stress seems to hurt the friends and family members beyond the immediate chaos that first becomes easier to recognize.

"When we’re under ongoing stress, it creates that fight-or-flight reaction in an unrelenting way, and as a result, stress chemicals are released into the body. What we know so far is that the release of those stress chemicals creates biological changes,” says Dr. Vivian Diller, PhD. “It’s very possible that if you have a life filled with that constant stress, little by little the body is breaking down.”

What's your go-to today for allowing balance, renewal and rejuvenation? Physical, emotional, spiritual, allowing awareness, etc.?

Old 08-03-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Our bodies are magnificent, brilliant, stabilizing systems when we give our body and our mind the opportunity to balance and align." - Cara Bradley
Old 08-25-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Today my go-to for allowing balance is to cry, laugh, connect with my self through reading books, eating well, good exercise, watching a movie I truly enjoy (I like happy endings and people who are kind) and awareness of my innate value.