Notices

That time of day again

Old 08-01-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That time of day again

Hi everyone day 7 for me.. I thought I'd be jumping for joy but I feel so tired and sad I have had such a busy week i dont get 2 mins at home to breathe i have a problem saying i need a rest as i always think i have to be superwoman to replace the guilt I feel and I've had to have a biopsy which I'm waiting for results so my over active brain is going crazy at the moment plus I feel sore and sorry for myself....my av is going crazy right now ive walked to the shop and back and cried to my partner im also I'm 40 in a couple of months so it's telling me hey you got this just drink til your 40 then stop then ..so tonight I'm getting under my blanket and shutting off the world and telling that nasty little voice in my head that I need my body to be as healthy as possible incase I do need further surgery and I'm going into my 40s happy, healthy, clearheaded, hangover free,guilt free shame free and 100 % sober so with that I'm going to eat pizza and chocolate and binge watch crime documentaries and stay close to you all tonight...thank your listening ❤
Old 08-01-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am rooting for you and those biopsy results. When are they due? Whatever happens think about the difference it will make to go to your appointment with a hungover or sober. Even if you were the happiest person on earth, a biopsy and uncertainty would run you down big time. It is totally normal and I cannot imagine anybody celebrating. At the very least, you have this big achievement of 7 days AF to be proud of.

You absolutely want a clear skin and bright white eyes to see your birthday. If we are very lucky (and for sure not drinking) we might see 80 or so of them. Not that many. They deserve our love and attention.

Looking forward to hearing about your 'happy, healthy, clearheaded, hangover free,guilt free shame free and 100 % sober' birthday party. And about your pizza and chocolate and TV binge.

Your post made crave those so I am going to close the day in a few minutes and ask my husband for a 'sofa date' with plenty of treats to eat and lots of TV.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Louise. Congrats on Day 7! I’m sorry you are waiting for biopsy results and I’m wishing the best for you. Day 7 is still early and you may experience a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for a while. This lasted several months for me after the physical withdrawals stopped. I felt progressively better but I remember it taking a long time to feel balanced again. Of course, you have other things going on as well and that doesn’t help.

I like your strategy. Netflix binging, pizza and chocolate always helped me out too. And gelato

Btw, I said the same thing to myself about just keep drinking until I turned 50. I’m glad I stopped the final time months before turning 50 when I really believed it was time, rather than waiting.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also rooting for you (and thinking your strategy of shutting out the world is wise). You are stronger and smarter than that wily av!
Old 08-01-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober weeks!
Old 08-01-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Louise.

Try not to overwhelm yourself - we regain trust by not drinking and becoming better people - not by trying to be Superwoman.

Keep starving that AV...it has nothing good to suggest

D
Old 08-01-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow Louise...I hear the "fight" in you...you have a lot going on and a lot on your plate...all the more reason to keep staying sober...you do have to keep your body strong...I hope your biopsy comes back as a negative.

I hope that you can stop those voices in your head telling you to quit when you are 40...because you could end up drinking and then you never KNOW what could happen and you could not make it to 40 at all!

7 days is tough....you start feeling better...and start "bargaining" and telling yourself all the reasons it would be OK to drink....

If you drink ..your going to feel like ****..its NOT WORTH IT.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody so much...your comments really do give me the strength to make it another day... I really do appreciate all of you ❤