A broken wrist, a "broken heart"

Old 07-31-2019, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A broken wrist, a "broken heart"

So, I just found out that my XAH was in the hospital last week. My adult sons knew but didn't tell me. (They keep things from me out of worry about my mental state. Good young men.) XAH fell down the stairs drunk (I was wondering when that would happen). Crawled up the stairs and to the door (he couldn't stand up) and yelled at the neighbor, who called an ambulance. He fractured his wrist and was in the hospital six days for detox.

He told my sons that he wasn't drinking at all when it happened, of course. The ER folks say otherwise. He's telling everyone in our small town that this is all because I left him and "broke his heart." All my fault. His drinking and driving - all my fault as well. When he kills someone, that will be my fault too, I guess.

I'm trying so hard to make a better life. Will this ever end?
Old 07-31-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’ve lived in a small town...EMTs talk. Your ex isn’t going to fool people for long.

So keep taking the high road, yes?

Sending you a hug.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It already has, you just have to let go of it (detach).

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

His ramblings are nonsensical. He fell down the stairs because you ended the marriage? That's kind of a stretch by anyone's standards.

I assume the good people in your town are quite aware of what's going on here.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just keep on living YOUR best life. Like Aries said, word travels...in a small town (I once lived in a town with less than 200 people!) it travels at light speed. You can't keep drunk secret forever.

- - But honestly, just remember that what others think DOESN'T matter, because you know the truth.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The best part of your story is that you said "XAH" and not "AH."

Hang in there. Mine just got out of detox also. He didn't break anything this time but broke an ankle last time. Blamed it on the cat. I'm thankful he's an X.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't let it bug you. Most normal people understand that only a fool blames his own actions on somebody else. When I hear anyone pull that out I just think to myself "what an idiot". People that hear his "poor me" story trying to put the blame on you will be thinking the same thing.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He's an addict. Of course it has to be someone else's fault. You are just the easiest target.

Big hugs.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wait - in the hospital for six DAYS with only a broken wrist????
i guess if they had to install bolts and pins? but that sounds highly suspicious.........

you were not to blame where you were THERE, and you most certainly cannot be culpable for things he does when you are no longer there.

look up blatherskite.